As a leading contract research organization (CRO), Labcorp Drug Development (formerly known as Covance) provides comprehensive drug development solutions for a range of industries. Our services cover the preclinical, clinical and post-market phases of drug development, the product life cycles for medical device and diagnostics and development services paired with regulatory support for the chemical testing and crop protection industries.
Labcorp Drug Development is a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Our unique perspectives are based on decades of scientific, medical and regulatory expertise.
Role Details :
This is a fully home-based
The Associate supports client engagements and internal requests, projects and business development efforts by doing the necessary research, data collection, analysis and interpretation. He/she would be expected to work on a range of project types including; development of health economic models, supporting delivery of qualitative and quantitative research projects, development of payer value messages, dossiers, educational materials, reports and other technical and written deliverables. The role may also involve conduct of stakeholder and market access research; working with our in-house programming and design teams; and presenting to clients as needed. A good understanding of health economic modelling along with some understanding/ experience of payer value communications, evidence review (i.e. conduct of literature reviews using a range of different methodologies) and pricing projects along with a general understanding of market access and health economic outcomes research (HEOR) is highly desirable.
Essential Job Duties / Skills and Knowledge: Content Development
- Good understanding of the purpose of, and processes involved in, HEOR and market access within the healthcare sector, including the different stakeholders and what may influence their decision making, including; a sound knowledge ofhealth economics and its application in the reimbursement and market access process. A basic understandingof the reimbursement processes for key markets (EU5 and US), along with a broad awareness of the broad range of services provided by Value Demonstration and Market Access Consulting would be highly desirable. This could have been gained through experiences such as internships and/or through academic studies
- Good understanding of clinical and economic data:
- Ability to source relevant data, taking account the appropriate places to search for data and the type of search (e.g. ad hoc, targeted or systematic literature review); the quality of the source (e.g. journal); and the quality of the data (e.g. study design, trial size)
- Interpretation of basic statistics (e.g. p values, CIs, relative risk, hazard ratios)
- Good knowledge of health economic modelling principles, methods and techniques; competent in Excel, including use of visual basic programming and ability to develop budget impact, cost-effectiveness and other similar economic models - such experiences may have been gained through specific academic experiences or through placements and/or internships
- Quickly become familiar with new therapy areas, with an understanding of what needs to be researched in order to do so
- Draft content in line with the outline/approach required, in an appropriate style for the deliverable, including presenting data accurately and impactfully, and accurately adapting from source where appropriate - accurately able to mark-up references
- Implement directive changes with minimal supervision
- Excellent writing style, which can be adapted for different purposes, including professional level knowledge of American and UK English spelling and grammar
- Understanding of Value Demonstration/ Market Access Consulting staff structure and roles, internal processes and key stages of development for different deliverables
- Good time management skills and able to accurately record and discuss capacity and resource availability, flagging where there may be capacity issues
- Is able to accurately estimate how long things take
- Proactively keeps team leader informed about changes in timelines (over or under)
- Can juggle work on multiple projects
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues across the organization
- Thorough, accurate record-keeping (including SharePoint admin and Timesheet submissions)
- Competent with Outlook, including booking meetings
Consultancy Team Support
- Prepared and able to actively participate in client calls and meetings
- Accurate, thorough note-taking at client meetings/teleconferences
- Can draft client correspondence in a concise, appropriate style
- Can interact with clients in-person or over the phone in an appropriate, effective manner
- Confident in use of telephone- and web conference facilities
- Can identify when they have spare capacity and proactively offer their help to others
- Good proofing and calculation checking skills
- Can develop appropriate slides and present at internal seminars
- Keeps up to date with corporate and other training requirements
Requirements: Education and Basic Skills:
- Good life science undergraduate degree from a reputable university is required. Post-graduate qualifications such as MSc/MRes or PhD are preferred. Degrees in Health Economics, Public Health or similar will also be considered.
- Although significant prior experience is not expected, with internal training provided, some experience and/ or knowledge of health economics, health economic modelling, payer value communications, market access, pricing and reimbursement, statistics, referencing, proofing etc. will be invaluable and highly desirable
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills. Demonstrated proficiency in various software programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and EndNote (or similar). Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to collaborate and work with peers and seniorsto accomplish assigned tasks
- Excellent command of written and verbal English is essential, as all client deliverables will be in English and the incumbent will be required to write reports, dossiers and manuscripts to a professional standard
Although previous full-time experience is not required, candidates will typically have a life sciences/ health economic/ public health or similar academic background. We will particularly be looking for a background which demonstrates aptitude for applying the core consulting skills (research, analysis, consolidation, and synthesis of research, and communication of research outputs), coupled with some relevant experience, possibly gained through academic project work and/ or internships or similar summer placementsLabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .