General scope of responsibilities:
• Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
• Monitoring, analyzing and collating of EHS performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients, J&J corporate and regulatory bodies.
• Prepare EHS reports as the need arises for both internal and external groups e.g. J&J Corporate reporting requirements & EPA reporting.
• Perform periodic evaluations and audits to ensure compliance with all EHS permits, policies and regulatory requirements.
• Liaise with relevant regulatory bodies such as local authorities, Environment Agencies and competent bodies.
• Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organisation and work with site teams to integrate EHS into facility operations and to continuously develop a positive EHS culture.
• Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
• Co-ordinate and deliver EHS training on EHS related issues.
• Co-ordinate and provide technical support for the site risk assessment program and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
• Assist in coordination of the sites EHS teams and provide SME support on EHS related issues.
• Investigate accidents and incidents; develop robust corrective actions and track progress.
• Maintain awareness of current and future EHS developments and legal requirements and to advise accordingly.
• Maintain compliance with site environmental programs and licences, including reporting requirements, incident investigations and maintenance of monitoring infrastructure.
- ehs management
- environmental health
- environmental management
- health care
- healthcare management
- environmental compliance
Job Title: EHS Specialist
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Rate/Salary: 30.00 - 50.00 EUR Hourly
Job Type: Contract
Trading as Aerotek. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Aerotek and Actalent Services are companies within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Actalent Services, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield