Scientific Director - Medical Communications
RBW Consulting is partnered with a global Medical Communications agency looking for a Scientific Director to join a strong performing scientific services team based in London/Manchester with hybrid working, or fully remote working available.
They provide strategic communications and consultancy to pharmaceutical clients across both print and digital formats. They are seeking an experienced candidate to provide leadership in scientific affairs and communication, and ensure that clients’ objectives are supported effectively. You will also contribute to the organic growth of assigned accounts and mentor and develop your team to their potential. There is an opportunity to work across different therapy areas including Rare Disease, Neurology, Haematology and Respiratory.
In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect 34 days holiday, pension plan, private healthcare, and flexible working. Bespoke training will help you integrate into a nurturing and professional environment where you can flourish and develop your career.
To be considered for this role, you must be UK based and fully eligible to work in the UK. You must also have significant medical communications agency writing experience.
- Provide leadership to the scientific and client services teams to ensure that scientific communication is carried out to the highest standards and meets client expectations
- Make a strong contribution to client communication strategies, developing key scientific communication points, strategically focused documents, and deliverables to support product positioning and brand vision
- Ensure those client communication strategies are clearly understood and actioned by the account teams
- Reviewing output to assure scientific accuracy, strategic alignment and quality
- Guide the team in developing their skills, through mentoring and reviewing their work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life Science Degree, preferably a higher degree
- Significant healthcare agency experience, with a background in medical writing
- Be a good team player, ensuring all team members are given opportunities to develop
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills
- Strong appreciation of clients’ needs and resourcefulness in coming up with innovative solutions
RBW Consulting is a specialist Life Science consultancy, partnering with pharma, biotech start-ups, CRO, medical communications agencies, and more.
We are always open to chatting about your career and sharing the best opportunities for you.