As a leading contract research organization (CRO), Labcorp Drug Development (formerly known as Covance) provides comprehensive drug development solutions for a range of industries. Our services cover the preclinical, clinical and post-market phases of drug development, the product life cycles for medical device and diagnostics and development services paired with regulatory support for the chemical testing and crop protection industries.
Labcorp Drug Development is a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Our unique perspectives are based on decades of scientific, medical and regulatory expertise.
Role Details :
This is a fully home-based
The Associate/Senior Associate, Market Access and Value Communications, supports client engagements and internal requests, projects and business development efforts by doing the necessary research, data collection, analysis and interpretation; development of value messages, dossiers, reports and other written deliverables, modeling, educational materials; conducting stakeholder and market access research; working with programming and design; and presenting to clients as needed. Broad experience in payer value communications and pricing and market access is desirable.Skills and Knowledge:
Education and Qualifications
- Good understanding of the purpose of, and processes involved in, value communication within the healthcare sector, including the different stakeholders and what may influence their decision making
- Good understanding of the concepts of health economics, reimbursement and market access including a basic understanding of the reimbursement processes for key markets (EU5 and US)
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical and economic data
- Ability to source relevant data, taking account of appropriate places to search for data and the type of search (e.g. ad hoc, targeted or systematic literature review); the quality of the source (e.g. journal); and the quality of the data (e.g. study design, trial size)
- Interpretation of basic statistics (e.g. p values, CIs, relative risk, hazard ratios)
- Excellent writing style, which can be adapted as appropriate for different purposes, including knowledge of American and UK English spelling and grammar
- Quickly become familiar with new therapy areas, with an understanding of what needs to be researched in order to do so
- Suggest methodological and conceptual approaches to projects
- Develop content outlines with minimal support
- Draft content in line with the outline/approach required, in an appropriate style for the deliverable, including present data accurately and impactfully in a format which is appropriate for the type of deliverable, including adapting from source if appropriate
- Starts to participate in content review of materials developed by junior team members including provision of constructive feedback, recognizing the difference between changes that will improve content and those which are stylistic preferences
- Solid content development skills; including data presentation as well as strategic and visual deliverables
- Basic understanding of price referencing and good knowledge of reimbursement processes in EU5, US and Japan; awareness of importance of key HTA bodies (e.g. NICE, SMC, IQWiG, HAS, AIFA); good knowledge of market access hurdles (e.g. country- or disease-specific) and market access exceptions for rare/orphan diseases
- Draft proposals/quotations for projects similar to those they are familiar with
- Actively participate in client calls and meetings
- Can interact with clients in-person or over the phone in an appropriate, effective manner
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Life science undergraduate degree from a reputable university is required
- Post-graduate qualifications such as MSc/MRes or PhD are preferred
- For the Senior Associate role, candidates should have a minimum 1 year of work experience within a market access consultancy, with some experienceof payer value communications, market access, pricing and reimbursement, health economic and statistical principles, referencing, proofing required
- For the Associate role, relevant university or industry internship experience can be considered
- Fluency in English, both written, verbal and spoken
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .