Do you have experience working in a chemistry lab and are looking for your next move? Are you looking for a varied role that will offer you the opportunity to work on a variety of studies using different instruments within an analytical chemistry environment?
At Labcorp Drug Development, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life.
Our Dose Analysis
team at Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
are looking for a Method Developer
and, in this role, you will be responsible for developing robust analytical methods and writing the method document for subsequent use on analytical studies. This includes the subsequent support of validated methods by troubleshooting method/instrument issues and providing expert advice and training. Duties include:
What does Labcorp Drug Development offer you:
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of scientific advances, analytical techniques, instrumentation and methodology relevant to Dose Analysis
- Responsible for the development of robust analytical methods and/or improvement of existing procedures to ensure that they are fit-for-purpose
- Where method and test substance information are not provided, search the internet and available literature to estimate if a suitable method can be developed. Discuss the development work with a Senior Technical Specialist
- Undertake method validation and conduct stability trials
- Support analysts in the subsequent performance of the method
- Troubleshoot instrument malfunctions and arrange a repair (from within the resources of the department/company or from an external contractor)
- Maintain instruments by preventative good practice techniques and training of others within the department. Assist with the maintenance of instrument records and service records.
- Ensure GLP compliance of systems and procedures and that quality of work/data meet required standards in protocols and SOPs
- Assist study management in responding to queries and meetings from internal and external customers, and provide regular updates on the progress of assigned work
- Unrivalled training and career development
- The chance to join a global and progressive CRO with a great global reputation
- The opportunity to really build on and develop your instrument skills
- A fantastic benefits and pension package
- Market leading salaries
- Relocation package (subject to criteria)
Skills / Experience:
- BSc (Hons) in (Bio)Chemistry or equivalent subject. Experience may be substituted for education
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Previous work/study experience in a laboratory is essential and the desire to work in a scientific environment
- Knowledge or experience of working in a GLP regulated environment
- Proven experience in method development and troubleshooting with HPLC, GC, LCMS
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .