Working with sites to get them Ready to Enrol (RTE) is the foundation for execution of clinical trials. Budgetary aspects are a critical factor in the relationship between Sponsor / Labcorp / Sites and a significant factor in the sites decision to partner with us.
Translating a protocol into an accurate, fair and reasonable budget is an art form !! It requires passion for excel and formulas, great attention to detail, ability to focus and prioritize carefully, dedication/practice and a bit of creativity!
Are you looking at expanding your skills within Site Readiness, do you love excel and numbers? Have you thought about becoming aBudget Specialist
? In our Investigator Grants Estimates (IGE) Team you'll learn how to:
- Read, understand and analyze clinical trial protocols in detail
- How to master the use of pricing software
- How to create global budgets
- Enhance your excel skills
- Understand the connections between a protocol and economical "value"
- Get exposure to some basics of budget negotiation.
This is a pivotal and global role, within site Agreements team, working in close contact with SUPMs, clinical teams and sponsors. We are looking for motivated staff to train on the job - will that be you ??Your main responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Responsible for adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Manages assigned country budget related activities in a professional manner, with careful compliance with internal processes and procedures, or otherwise according to specified Sponsor requirements.
- With minimal support, responsible for management of certain financial aspects of clinical studies including but not limited to supporting Project Directors with post-award study budget estimates and review of proposals and elaborating investigator grants, monitoring budgetary aspects for all sites, liaise with internal and external teams regarding agreement/budget details and timelines to ensure quick approval of country budgets.
- With minimal support, develops baseline site country budgets, supports site specific budget preparation, deliver study specific budget training, reviews and approves site budgets, and processes Labcorp financial language/appendix in site agreements in a commercially reasonably manner that protects Labcorp's fundamental interests and in accordance with departmental practices and policies.
- Responsible for the timely updating of the departmental contract tracking system.
- Provides management with regular status updates, collaborate with study team to avoid delays, identifies and escalates issues (as defined in departmental processes) that must be escalated to line manager, project management staff, Business Development staff, Budgets & Proposals staff or higher management as necessary to minimize delays and to facilitate the prompt conclusion of site budget negotiations.
- Provides support to other Site Agreement staff and assists internal staff with site budget inquiries as required.
- Facilitates the internal review/sign off process of budget/financial appendix within the site agreement 9. May contribute to preparation and delivery of presentations and training to other internal and external stakeholders.
- Support line manager with departmental goals, objectives and initiatives as assigned in a positive and flexible way.
- Support line manager with departmental process improvement suggestions and deployment.
- Complies with and fulfils corporate requirements of the position including, inputting activities in Timesheets, conducting all required training and documenting training in training systems, and preparing and submitting any company expense reports for reimbursement in a timely manner.
- University-level degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- 2 - 3 years' related experience in a Contracts/Grants/Finance department or equivalent experience in other professional environment working with contracts/budgets/grants.
Join us and discover why Labcorp Drug Development has been named by Fortune® Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2022 for the fourth consecutive year, by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2020 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term international career.
#LI-SP2, #LI-REMOTE, EMEA, REMOTELabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .