We are currently looking to hire a Archive Officer I to join our team in Eye.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team!
In this role you will be archiving all the samples and final reports. We are looking for someone who has great attention to detail who feels confident with using computer systems. This role is a fantastic opportunity which offers progression.
Performs a variety of Sample Management and/or Archives responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOP's and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) or Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations (as appropriate) in support of various Business Unit Operations. It is the responsibility of all employees to obey with all applicable regulations in the performance of their role and to ensure that services to both internal and external customers are provided in a timely manner or as agreed in Service Level Agreements.
Essential Job Duties:
List of all essential job duties shown below is intended to describe the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties.
• Performs any combination of sample management and/or archive tasks, including labeling, receipt, transferring, tracking, inventory, archival, shipping, and disposal of samples and/or materials.
• Sample accession core tasks, including box opening, inventory/labeling, receipt/store, and pulls/returns.
• Uses tracking systems as appropriate to maintain sample and study integrity.
• Accurate protocol and relevant documentation interpretation (i.e., Sample Analysis Outline, client paperwork).
• Document and communicate discrepancies to appropriate personnel, and assists with problem solving.
• Maintain client and business confidentiality.
• Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
• Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
• Supports process improvement initiatives.
• Ensures adherence to company Global/Regional/Local SOP's as appropriate.
• Complies with relevant Environmental, Health and Safety at work regulations and Company Policies.
• Competent with environmental system monitor as appropriate.
• Maintains storage units
• Ensures company procedures are followed in relation to security and access to relevant areas and data or sample integrity
• May assist with training and development relevant to grade
• Performs other duties as required from time to time.
• E. Principal Contacts and Scope of Communications
• Covance management and staff at all levels at location daily with regards storage/submission/retrieval of data, samples, or materials to/from sample management and archives.
• Regulatory Authorities on an infrequent basis assisting with presenting data/facilities for inspection.
• Clients at all levels infrequently in relation to sample management and archives.
• Vendors, Sponsors, Referral Laboratories
Travel is primarily to where: other ED sites
Education/Qualifications/Certifications and Licenses
• Relevant national level of education in comparison to High School Diploma or equivalent, CSE A level or equivalent.
• Able to work in a team as well as independently.
• Provide consistent good customer service.
• Ability to work under pressure and timelines.
• Ability to take up challenges.
• Strong detail orientation.
• Organizational skills.
rs, Referral Laboratories
Travel is primarily to where: other ED sites
• Physical requirements include, but not are limited to, standing, bending, reaching and lifting.
• Repetitive motion via samples and computer terminal.
• Lifting up to 25 kilos/50 pounds on a frequent basis.
• High volume and high production environment.
• Trained in handling potentially hazardous chemicals, infectious substances or materials, and approved to handle radioactivity (as appropriate).
• May work with -20ºC, -70ºC and refrigerated samples.
• Ability to manually handle heavy loads (up to half a ton/500kgs) using pump-jack equipment on an infrequent basis.
• Ability to operate a Fork-lift truck on an infrequent basis preferable (as applicable for site).
• Ability to climb stepladders with heavy boxes (up to 30lbs) to reach high shelves as required.
• Adhere to Covance safety procedures and Universal Precautions guidelines at all times.
• Special Factors:
• Work is performed in a Laboratory environment and may be noisy.
• Exposure to potential contaminated substance(s).
• Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
• Weekend and public holiday work may be required.
• Flexible working hours.
• Overtime may be required.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .