Debiopharm is an independent biopharmaceutical company based in Switzerland with an ongoing commitment to research in oncology and infectious diseases in order to improve patient outcomes and quality of life. Our main activities include drug development, drug manufacturing and digital health investment. Debiopharm International SA aims to develop innovative therapies that target high unmet medical needs. Our unique “development only” business model allows us to act as a bridge between disruptive discovery products and patient access in international markets. We first identify high-potential compounds for in-licensing, clinically demonstrate their safety and efficacy and then select large pharmaceutical commercialization partners to maximize patient access globally.
At Debiopharm you will be at the forefront of the fight against cancer and infectious diseases, and you will have the opportunity to work on new innovative medicines for patients. Efficiency is our mode of action, saving lives our collective target.
For our Pharmaceutical Development organization based at our Headquarters in Lausanne, we are looking for a
SENIOR CHEMIST - CONTRACTOR 18 MONTHS
Bring a high value contribution to the Pharmaceutical Development department by developing, outsourcing and managing the synthesis and the manufacturing of chemical APIs, radiopharmaceuticals and other synthesized products, in accordance with the projects’ progress stage and needs.
Contribute to reinforce the internal CMC expertise of the Department to support Debiopharm Group’s strategy.
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Select subcontractors, negotiate offers and/or contracts with the support of the Outsourcing Manager
- Pilot the outsourced development and manufacturing activities for the APIs
- In collaboration with the CMC Project Leader, prepare the product supply strategies according to the development phases of Debiopharm’s projects
- Define the technical/regulatory API strategies while considering the project’s progress and by analyzing the risks and ensuring their implementation
- Support the elaboration of the technical part of regulatory documents
- Integrate the opportunities of intellectual property and elements of freedom to operate within the development of New Opportunities and project’s strategy
- Chemist, biochemist or PhD in Life sciences
- At least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry within product development and manufacturing
- Experience in management of outsourced activities
- Previous experience in development of radiopharmaceutical compounds is a plus
- Strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices requirements for IMP supply
- Good communication skills
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally with stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Excellent knowledge in English. French is an asset
Debiopharm can offer you
- Possibility to work from home with weekly visit in the office (Lausanne) The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry and be exposed to many areas within clinical development and the pharmaceutical industry
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success
- Proud to be an Equal-Pay certified, we ensure offering to all our employees the same opportunities
The use of external staffing agencies or recruiters requires prior approval from our Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department at Debiopharm requests external staffing agencies or recruiters not to contact Debiopharm employees or members of the Board of Directors directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the external staffing agency or recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Debiopharm.
Debiopharm will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions.