At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.THE POSITION
As Principal Scientist in Research, you combine a strong pharma industry background with deep scientific expertise in preclinical formulation development and physicochemical characterization. In addition, you are a creative driver of change, with experience in managing roles within pharmaceutical Research and Development.
We are offering the exciting opportunity to join our team of highly innovative formulation scientists and physicochemical compound profilers within Drug Discovery Sciences, located in Biberach at the company’s largest Research & Development site.
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you manage a team focused on the development and characterization of formulations for preclinical studies to support Research projects (focus: small molecules).
- You are working in close collaboration with colleagues in R&D functions to assure a seamless transfer of clinical development candidates at the R&D interface.
- Part of your responsibility is also the scientific and technological guidance of technicians to ensure a high-level of education and personal development in the team.
- You provide scientific guidance to scientists (e.g. PhD students and Post-Docs) and ideate innovative formulation approaches for a growing research pipeline.
- In international research project teams, you represent all discipline related topics (e.g. formulation, solid form selection, physicochemical properties), you actively contribute to the characterization and selection of clinical development candidates, and you provide scientific guidance to the team.
- Coordinating contacts to relevant academic groups in the field is part of your profile, too.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, or related disciplines
- Professional experience in leading scientists and technicians within the pharmaceutical industry
- Several years of relevant experience in formulation development (focus: preclinical phase) and in the physicochemical assessment of new chemical entities / small molecules
- Excellent overview of scientific literature and already established scientific network
- State of the art knowledge in developing pharmaceutical formulations for preclinical studies and analytical technologies
- Team player with strong communication skills in German and English
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.