ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
- Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
The Role is open with EDS division.The Early Development Service(EDS) division of ICONprovides early-phase clinical research and bio-analytical services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. With a reputation built on excellence, quality and professionalism we are performing clinical research and bio-analytical trials on many of the most advanced experimental and biological drugs in development today.
We currently have an opening for a Research Physician to join our enthusiastic, dedicated and dynamic team to support our clinical research unit in Budapest. In this role you will also be responsible for working in close collaboration with our Early Phase Unit in the Netherlands, this role would offer the opportunity to work in a truly global environment. We are looking for an experienced Medical Doctor with a specialization, here at ICON we will support this and enable you to maintain your clinical experience, as a practicing Medic and furthermore you will have the opportunity to gain accreditation within the Clinical Pharmacology specialty.
- Actively take part in the medical care of the study subjects
- Take patientresponsibility as(sub)investigator in studies
- Contribute to the study feasibility assessments and bidding process
- Monitor safety and wellbeing of patients enrolled into our studies
- Provide medical support to the investigators and ensure that clinical trials are performed in compliance withlocal legal regulatory requirements and GCP principles
- Provide medical and operational consultation (internal and external)
- Collaborate with external investigators to develop investigator site and referral networks to facilitate clinical study conduct and patient recruitment
- Support successful recruitment and conduct of clinical studies in external clinical units in Hungary
Together with the clinical team and in collaboration with the project management team you will support the study set-up and the clinical conduct at investigational sites includingtraining activities, supervision of clinical activities and provision of medical expertise.
* The work location is at our clinic based in Budapest, Hungary, in a well-equipped and modern atmosphere. We are open to considering people who can relocate with the relevant Hungarian language skills. Relocation support may be considered for the right individual.
* We ensure that our Physicians are kept up to date with their medical knowledge and s kills.
Here at ICON we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have:
- Both a clinical and commercial focus, with a real commitment to client satisfaction
- You should also have a very good command of Hungarian and English
- Medical/MD/doctor degree, a valid and active Hungarian medical license and a clinical medical specialization is required; and relevant clinical, industry or CRO experienceis an advantage
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link