CSL is a global bio-therapeutics leader that, driven by its promise to save lives, develops and delivers life-saving therapies to treat people with rare and serious medical conditions worldwide.
Within CSL R&D department, the mission of the Global Pathogen Safety Support (GPSS) Team is the development of reduction strategies for viruses and other pathogens to provide products that our patients can trust and know to be safe. Through partnering with the GPS Laboratories, participation in projects and collaboration with a broad range of global departments such as Operations and Global Regulatory Affairs, we provide ongoing support throughout product lifecycle. We also take scientific leadership in the Pathogen Safety field and perform surveillance regarding emerging pathogens.
You will work as part of a team responsible for providing pathogen safety (PS) support to CSL Seqirus focusing on the Asia Pacific Region (APAC) product portfolio that includes influenza, Q-fever vaccines and antivenoms.Reporting to the Head of GPSS Asia, you will:
- Participate in the establishment and ongoing support of the pathogen safety control strategy for CSL Seqirus products including selection of starting and raw materials, adventitious agents testing strategies, and pathogen reduction steps to assure final product safety for patients
- Participate in meetings and seek solutions to provide excellent customer support and create efficiencies across the Global Pathogen Safety organisation
- Be recognised as the GPS primary contact for matters relating to pathogen safety
- Participate in geographies project teams and represent Global Pathogen Safety
- Assemble and analyse data and evaluate scientific literature to draft position papers, presentations, training materials, talking points, and risk assessments.
- Prepare and update Pathogen Safety documentation and regulatory submission documents for the Seqirus product portfolio
- Perform emerging pathogen surveillance assessments
- University Degree in life sciences: Master or PhD in Virology, Biochemistry, or in a related life sciences field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in biologicals R&D, Quality Management or related life sciences field preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Scientific training and analytical processing skills.
- Independently answer scientific questions
Apply now to join a purpose-driven values-based company committed to protecting public health.
Applications Close 2 October 2022
Applications must include a covering letter and CV.Our Benefits
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring .We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity & Inclusion at CSL.Do work that matters at CSL Behring!