ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
To receive daily packages, scans airway bills and kit barcodes into computer system. Data entry into the database and delivery of samples to the laboratory or store in samples. Responsible for coordinating the storage diagnostic samples as per client specific requirements. Maintaining sample integrity at all times, ensuring correct procedures are followed
- Core Values Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre's around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance. As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs. Function and Responsibilities
- Responsible for data entry of patient's demographics into the computer system . Documents and researches any problems with received specimens including off line order entry. - - Adheres to OSHA and the Company's Health and Safety regulations and security procedures at all times. Understands the principles of accreditation and QA procedures 35% of your time • - Store in samples based on protocol specifications, as well as accountability for storage samples 20% of your time
- Quality checking of accession forms , scanning of paperwork into database. Archiving visit documentation 15% of your time
- Bar code labelling and validation of specimens and transport of specimens to the technicians in the laboratory to be analyzed 10% of your time.
- Accepts and documents sample deliveries from couriers. Unpacks packages, receives shipments into database 10% of your time • Facilitate removal and collection of all hazardous waste from laboratory 5% of your time.
- Escalating any problems to senior members of the team 3% of your time.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by management of Sample Management 2% of your time Travel domestic or international - 0%
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.