Senior Consultant - Life Science
Barrington James are currently partnered with a highly regarded life science consultancy that are looking for a Senior Consultant to join the team on a permanent, full time and fully remote basis.
As a Senior Consultant, you will play an important role on client engagements and firm initiatives as a member of the internal extended leadership team. Senior Consultants may work across, or specialize, in one of the following domain areas: Pricing & Market Access, Commercial Strategy, MedTech, Competitive Intelligence, Market Research or Forecasting.
The SC will manage and lead multiple consulting engagements and project teams to provide insights and recommendations focused on critical issues for clients. They will define project plans, guide, and manage research and analysis efforts, coach and mentor junior team members, develop deliverables and interact with clients via presentations and day-to-day client management. In this role, you will also take part in proposal / business development efforts.
- Project Manage all aspects of assigned consulting engagements including execution of key project activities
- Lead and guide the work plan including oversight of secondary research, primary / qualitative research (e.g. KOL interviews) and quantitative analysis (e.g. forecasting) to obtain key insights and findings for clients
- Oversee the work of junior team members including Associates, Associate Consultants and Consultants
- Synthesize large amounts of data into discrete stories and assumptions to determine the “so-what”
- Produce quality client deliverables with minimal supervision and maintain high client satisfaction through proactive client interaction and engagement
- Build therapeutic area and domain expertise to apply during client engagements and thought leadership
- Support senior team members with opportunistic business development efforts including greenfield research and developing proposals, pitch books and RFPs
- Work with senior staff to promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing / best practices
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and/or unstructured sessions, as well as mentoring junior staff to assist in their growth
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities including knowledge management, internal training sessions and assisting with recruiting top talent
- Travel to/from client sites when required
- BA/BS in a life science or business-related field is required; MS/MPH/MBA/PhD is preferred
- Proficiency across various consulting and research methodologies, including the execution of quantitative and qualitative analysis, primary research, secondary research, and analytic modelling and forecasting
- Experience with one or more of the following domain areas: Pricing & Market Access, Commercial Strategy, MedTech, Market Research, Competitive Intelligence, Forecasting
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills including presentations, meeting/workshop facilitation and business writing
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to work with colleagues across the organization
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to and interest in mentoring and managing junior staff and team members
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office products is critical, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competitive Base Salary
- Strong Performance Bonus
- Medical/Dental Benefits
Based on previous performance these positions have been known to close prematurely through popular demand, apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and if you do not receive contact assume that unfortunately on this occasion this has been the case.
If you are interested in learning more, apply directly or email your resume to tyoung@barringtonjames and we can schedule a time to discuss this opportunity.