With minimal supervision, the Proposals & Contracts (“P&C”) Specialist II is responsible for the development of proposals and contracts for new and existing business, in consultation with the Sales Team. S/he leads the execution of increasingly complex proposals and may oversee the input of critical information from other P&C team members.
Primary Duties + Responsibility:
- Provide ongoing support to clients regarding contract issues.
- Proactively support Project Management and Finance in the review of project and contract status.
- Receive and respond to formal RFIs and other sponsor requests for information.
- Participate in the creation of competitive project proposals, including proposal text, fee structure, and billing schedule, ensuring that the proposal:
- Accurately reflect client and Veristat assumptions.
- Meets Veristat and client needs/expectations.
- Establish agreement on timelines and deliverables.
- Obtain third-party vendor quotes for proposals.
- Enter sales and project information into applicable software systems (i.e., Salesforce, FinancialForce).
- Simultaneously lead multiple proposals of increasing complexity.
- Complete RFIs independently.
- Continuously update and monitor the entry of monetary values in SalesForce.
- Request Vendor Quotes.
- Develop Work Orders and Change Orders independently.
- Lead and contribute to Tier 5 and Marketing Application Proposals (IND, NDAs, MAA).
Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Science, Business, Clinical Research) required.
- 4 years of Proposal/Contract experience in the clinical research industry, preferably with a Contract Research Organization (CRO), required.
- Strong understanding of the contractual relationship between CROs and Sponsors required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills required, including strong detail orientation.
- Ability to work creatively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate the detail of project requirements required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce) required.
- Ability to lead small teams, and effectively influence without authority required.
Automated Decision Making
All applicants are reviewed by a member of the Veristat Talent Acquisition team and therefore we don’t have an automotive decision-making process.