Labcorp Drug Development are currently looking for a hard working, motivated individual to join our team as a Cage Wash Technician at our site in Eye, Suffolk. If successful in this role, you will be entitled to a £3000 sign on bonus.
In this 'hands on role' you will be responsible for providing sanitised caging and associated equipment to our animal facilities whilst complying with health and safety, COSHHand other industry regulations. You will need the confidence to deal with your stakeholders, be a good all round communicator and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
Candidates would ideally have experience in a similar working environment (such as a factory or warehouse, hospital/laboratory support or industrial laundry).
Labcorp Drug Development is one of the world's largest and most successful contract research organisations working with some of the leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, crop protection and chemical companies. Our company has experienced impressive growth over recent years, by creating a work environment that encourages talented individuals to thrive and make a difference.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining a clean and orderly working environment throughout the relevant areas of the animal facility
- Operating cage washing equipment
- Removing waste from cages/pens and processing through the relevant waste disposal stream
- Collection and transportation of goods
- Undertaking washing and folding of clothing in the laundry.
- Assisting in the movement of animals, maintaining strict adherence to animal welfare
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
The skills and experience we are looking for are:
- The ability to learn, and the capability to develop skills further.
- Previous experience in a similar role
A full UK drivers licence would be advantageous, but not essential Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .