Associate Director, Programming - EMEA, Remote - €/£10,000 Joining Bonus
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD - thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health.You will be joining a trulycollaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of deliveringlife-saving therapies to patients.
Our Biostatistics & Programming department are passionate about being data and technically agile, and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
The AD, Programming role is a senior management position overseeing programming managers and programming staff within the department. The role will interact extensively with a global multi-disciplinary senior management team to identify critical needs and develop strategic initiatives.
- Managing a global team of senior staff and/or managers within the department.
- Department responsibilities include overseeing deliverables, quality and regulatory compliance for PPD developed CDISC SDTM and CDISC eCRT (Define.xml) programming deliverables.
- Maintaining current and future CDISC guideline awareness and formulates strategies to lead and drive the technologies and processes forward to ensure overall project success.
- Providing client and department-wide consultation on CDISC proposals, integrations and submissions.
- Aids in business development activities.
- Acts in the project oversight role on multiple projects.
To be considered for the role, you should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field
- At least 7 years of clinical trial experience as a statistical programmer and at least 5 years of leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent SAS programming skills and understanding of database structures
- Excellent management skills, including developing staff and their career objectives and the ability to motivate and inspire staff
- Capable of facilitating communication with clients, project teams, departments and staff
- Solid decision-making skills to decide company policies and procedures regarding programming
- In-depth understanding of tracking project budgets
- Understand and participate in bidding programming work
- Demonstrated leadership, motivation and problem-solving capability
- In-depth understanding of clinical trials
- Effective attention to detail
- Capable of effectively organizing and managing multiple staff and assignments
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, including proficiency in the English language
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to work well with others and adjust to changing priorities
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and strong technical programming skills.
At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD clinical research services you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme , ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel. Our 4i Values:
Integrity - Innovation - Intensity - Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application - we’d love to hear from you!