Do you have an interest in science? Are you looking for an entry level laboratory role where you will receive first class training? If so, then read on!
Labcorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives.
We are looking for a Research Technician
to join our experienced Genetic Toxicology team at our site in Shardlow, Derbyshire
In this role you will be supporting the Genetic Toxicology department by completing routine procedures and carrying out housekeeping duties associated with the day to day running of the laboratory areas. The role is varied, hands-on and provides the opportunity to gain a wide variety of skills. Duties Include:
- Maintaining lab cleanliness, supplies and tidiness (cleaning, calibrations, reagent prep and disposal, waste disposal etc.)
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and equipment records within laboratory areas
- Producing laboratory work sheets for standard assays
- Preparation and performance of standard assay(s) in base lab area
- Accurate recording and data checking of study and laboratory raw data
Skills and Experience:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributorypension
- Un-paralleled opportunities with structured pathways for career development and progression within a global organisation
- A culture of CARE with access to well-being programs and various employee resource groups
- The option for overtime
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Training provided
- Proficiency with Microsoft packages and the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Organised with the ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practice, aseptic techniques and cell culture would be advantageous
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .