We have an exciting opportunity available as the Vice President of Clinical Development for an Oncology biotech based in the UK (ideal), Switzerland or USA. This is a fantastic opportunity for a experienced clinical development physician with a board certification in either Oncology or Haematology to step into a senior influential position retaining a strong ‘hands on connection’ with all aspects of development.
- Effectively communicate a vision for the success of the clinical programs, foster team work to ensure timely and high-quality deliverables, demonstrate efficient and clear decision making, and encourage principles and values which place patients and quality first.
- Lead and manage the clinical development programs
- Supervise the physician staff in the clinical development organization
- Provide leadership and medical oversight for clinical scientists
- Provide leadership and guidance to the cross functional clinical teams, including clinical operations, biometrics and clinical pharmacology
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, and operational support for pipeline products moving from IND to phase 1 and phase 2
- Participate in the safety management team reviews and labelling committee
- Work in collaboration with the medical affairs function, providing clinical support for marketed product research.
- The VP is accountable for attracting, retaining, and building best talent and empowered culture by active role modelling of company values and behaviours along with oversight of career development including performance management of direct reports, recruitment, training and mentoring as applicable to foster high performance in a matrix environment
- Implement processes to assure that the Clinical Development organization is able to plan and conduct multiple clinical trials in early to late stage to achieve corporate objectives, including:
- Oversight of protocol development and review process across all programs and studies
- Oversee development and finalization of CSRs and clinical sections of regulatory filings
- Represent the company at appropriate regulatory meetings as delegated
- Ensure Clinical Development is compliant with company policies and procedures, as well as other applicable rules, guidelines and codes of practice required by regulators or law, e.g. compliance with GCP standards worldwide; co-creation of relevant business processes
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all functional area representatives within senior and executive management, in the project team environment, and with external stakeholders as needed to ensure alignment across functions to support clinical programs and corporate goals.
- Established Clinical Development experience
- Leadership and/or extensive supervision experience
- Medical Degree with specialisation in Oncology, Haematology or similar
- Ability to be based in UK (ideal), Switzerland or USA
- Hands on mentality
Following your application Simon Trebilcock, a specialist Medical Recruiter with over 8 years’ experience recruiting in the field will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. He will be more than happy to answer any questions relating to the pharmaceutical industry and the potential for your career growth. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Simon Trebilcock for any further information
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - +44 (0) 203 868 1001 .
A note from the author – Simon Trebilcock
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from minority groups are less likely to apply to job adverts unless they meet every single qualification. At Planet Pharma we are dedicated to building diverse, inclusive and authentic workplaces, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.