At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
We are currently looking for a Medical Director - Hematology
for our Medical Affairs Department in Mannheim or Berlin/Germany, Reading/UK, Sofia/Bulgaria, Milan/Italy or Madrid/Spain.
Joining our Medical Affairs Department working in a fast-paced, client-focused global environment the Medical Director's specialist expertise is called upon throughout the entire lifecycle of a project and as such the Medical Director plays a pivotal role in our business and project teams. Alongside Business Development the Medical Director is a key contributor in raising our business profile to ensure we are the preferred partner for our clients with support on their projects.
As well as sharing your vast medical expertise at investigator meetings, kick-off meetings, and client face-to-face meetings other responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a strong consultative relationship with the client throughout the project lifecycle
- Providing input into the creation of the protocol and other study-related documents
- Participating in discussions with regulators, key opinion leaders, senior management and our clients
- Delivering training to external project teams and colleagues
- Reviewing medical data on the indication, inclusion / exclusion criteria and other medical issues to ensure our overall project deliverables are achieved and patient safety prioritised
- Collaborating with our Drug Safety teams to evaluate Serious Adverse Events and to develop Safety Management Plans, Pharmacovigilance Plans and Risk Management Plans
An expert in your field with an affinity to lead and inspire.
We want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have the following:
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- A medical qualification with license to practise and board certification
- Experience in the desired therapy area is essential, ideally with experience in phase II-III projects either in industry or as an Investigator
- Experience writing clinical study reports, poster presentations, and manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal is preferable
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link