Do you have experience performing Ecotoxicity studies?Are you looking for a role where you can make a real difference working for a world-leader in Environmental research?If so, then read on!
Labcorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives.
We are looking for a Technical Specialist
to join our experienced and growing Aquatic Ecotoxicology and Biodegradation team at our site in Shardlow, Derbyshire
The Environmental teams at Labcorp have been helping companies bring safe products to market for over 40 years. Our varied work supports the crop protection, chemical and pharmaceutical industries so if you are looking for a varied role within a supportive team then apply today!Duties Include:
- Monitoring of studies including set up and performing a variety of studies using appropriate instrumentation with routine and non-routine methods
- Critically reviewing study protocol in primary area of work and suggest changes where appropriate
- Reviewing own work for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment
- Maintaining study documentation in compliance with regulatory guidelines working to GLP
- Preparing results and presentations based on the work performed
- Writing, reviewing and revising SOPs
- Validating studies
- Acting as subject matter expert in relevant scientific discipline
- Coaching and mentoring members of the team including organising the day to day workload within a small team
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributorypension
- The opportunity to coach and mentor
- Un-paralleled opportunities with multiple pathways for career development and progression within a global organisation
- A culture of CARE with access to well-being programs and various employee resource groups
- Excellent relocation package (subject to criteria)
Degree (B.Sc.) or above in relevant scientific discipline, or equivalent industry experienceSkills and Experience:
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Demonstrable experience working on ecotoxicity studies in industry, preferably to GLP
- Ability to coach and mentor other team members
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines along with managing changing priorities
- Proficient I.T skills
- Home Office licence PIL A/B advantageous
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .