Do you hold a Home Office personal licence?Do you want to develop your technical skills and knowledge to perform a wide range of regulated procedures?Are you looking for a variety of growth opportunities within your career?
It is an incredibly exciting time to join Labcorp Drug Development's team of Genetic Toxicology, within our Safety Assessment department at our site in Shardlow, Derbyshire
We are currently going through a period of growth and are looking for a licensed animal technician to join our expanding, dedicated team.As a LicencedAnimal Technician, your main responsibilities will be:
- Performing regulated procedures in rodents
- Taking personal responsibility for the welfare and care of the animals that you work with
- Collecting study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems
- Performing husbandry and technical procedures
- Learning the end point of the assays performed
There will be weekend working requirements. When rostered to work one or both days at the weekend you will receive additional payments. There may be an opportunity to work additional overtime during the week and weekends that are not part of your scheduled week.
As a Licenced Technician
, you will continue to learn and develop, receiving training and support to progress through our career development programme. There will be opportunity to assist with in vivo validation work to increase the flexibility and capacity of the unit.What we need from you:
What Labcorp can offer you
- Possession of an existing Home Office personal license or to have held a personal license/completed accredited training within the past 5 years
- Have a good understanding of the conditions of ASPA
- The ability to learn and the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Highest standards of animal care and welfare
- Understand the current expectations of HO legislation
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and a contributory pension
- Unrivaled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning
- Ability to work with a variety of different people and clients on wide- ranging projects
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .