Are you looking for a varied scientific role where you will work on Environmental Fate and Metabolism studies?Do you have experience monitoring studies or operational experience in this scientific discipline and looking for your next step?Are you wanting to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?The Environmental teams at Labcorp have been helping companies bring safe products to market for over 40 years. Our varied work supports the crop protection, chemical and pharmaceutical industries so if you want to be part of a dynamic and growing team then please apply today. Our mission is to improve health and improve lives!
At our site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
, we are looking for a Study Director
who will be responsible for performing environmental fate and metabolism
studies which are carried out and reported to high scientific standards.
As Study Director, you will use resources and effective planning to achieve customer expectations in quality and timing. The role offers the opportunity to work directly with our clients along with providing great exposure to pharmaceutical, agro-chemical and chemical studies of varying complexity where you will have overall responsibility of the study from start to finish. This is a varied role with great progression and development opportunities.
We welcome applicants with experience in environmental fate and metabolism either with prior study directing experience or from an operational, laboratory background.Main responsibilities include:
What we can offer you:
- Undertaking the role of Study Director for environmental fate and metabolism studies and ensuring that all work carried out is performed as scheduled and to a high scientific quality
- Conducting and/or supervising studies/analyses according to study plans and SOPs and in compliance with GLP
- Understanding scientific data supplied from other groups and the ability to interpret and report data from a broad range of studies
- Providing sound scientific advice to internal and external customers
- Ability to show financial/commercial awareness of managing studies
- Gaining further experience of using and understanding the principles of new and/or more specialised techniques. Assisting in the evaluation, validation and introduction of new instrumentation or techniques
- Developing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with Sponsors, peers, management, inter- and intra-departmental project groups and other customers including QA, providing high quality information and expert advice within agreed time frames, and ensuring that excellent customer service is achieved at all times
- Competitive salary and benefits package including health cover and contributory pension
- Structured career progression to develop a successful career in the scientific industry within an experienced and stable team with exposure to global clients
- The opportunity to work on a variety of studies alongside gaining critical exposure to a wide range of scientific disciplines and study complexities in order to broaden your experience
- Excellent relocation package (subject to criteria)
- Flexible working arrangements
- A culture of CARE with access to well-being programs and various employee resource groups
Skills and Experience:
- BSc degree in a related field. Experience may be substituted for education
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Relevant scientific and regulatory knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in conducting environmental fate and metabolism studies in the role of a Study Director or significant laboratory experience in this area
- Objective and logical analytical and reasoning skills
- Proven customer management skills and commercial/business awareness
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .