We are forward planning recruitment for our EU Haematology Medical Team for Q4 2022/Q1 2023 and are keen to speak with physicians with a specialism in haematology. The group is around 30 personnel strong and plays a pivotal role in the drug development process through strategic consulting, medical monitoring and clinical trial development.
The leader will bring a track record of success in previous roles and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, therapeutic and business acumen. The person will drive new initiatives and ideas and also be highly agile in order to adopt and bring to live the new ideas and innovations to enhancing business, culture and processes. This is a customer facing role too and the leader will work directly with customers pre and post business wins to ensure that Labcorp Drug Development is well positioned for future revenue growth.Key responsibilities
This role requires very experienced professional leadership and management capabilities, necessary to lead a large-scale medically and therapeutic led organization, together with managing across a complex global organization and delivering exceptional client performance for a pharmaceutical services-oriented CRO business. You will have a proven track record as an agent of change in challenging environments and in fostering a confident and capable workforce.
Specifically, the role consists of:Company Focus
Client Relationship & Business Development Activities
- Contributes to and may lead the development of Company policies involving medical, safety and therapeutics
- Participates and leads in process improvement activities across Company
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Partnering with Global Clinical Organization to develop new and enhance existing client relationships where possible
- Provides leadership and presents medical/scientific capabilities to clients as a participant of a proposal team
- Leverage known and builds new relationships with investigators/sites to performs site/investigator feasibility and to support optimal recruiting and conduct of trials
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of business environment to create new business opportunities
- Serves as point of contact for key clients for business oversight and client relationships
- Able to present or serve on panels to represent the company at conferences and scientific meetings.
- Provides mentoring to and responsible for the supervision, career development and evaluation of Clinical Research Physicians, Associate Medical Directors, Medical Directors and Senior Medical Directors
- Supports and participates in the recruitment process for department positions
- May have managerial responsibility in regard to specific therapeutic sub-specialty within the TA or geographic region
- Involved in assignment of projects and specific duties to direct reports
- Responsible for administration and/or delegation of activities of his/her direct reports (for example PTO, timesheet and expense approval)
- Involved in providing departmental budget preparation and oversight activities
- Acts as deputy for the TA head as needed
Therapeutic and Scientific Expertise
- Provides leadership to staff within the therapeutic area
- Leads processes improvement initiatives and/or scientific program initiatives that require involvement and impact across business units
- Acts deputy for the TA head as needed
- Contributes to vision and strategy/direction for therapeutic area, e.g. members of Physician Leadership Team
- Develops training modules and materials, and provides training in disease states and protocol specific requirements across the Company
- Participates in training opportunities to advance knowledge of drug development and good clinical practice guidelines
- Serves as global lead project physician and as a program level physician across multiple indications for a given compound, can also serve as a sub-specialty TA leader with TA
- Provides subject matter and drug development expertise to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of the program for the client
- Performs medical data review - Reviews laboratory values, adverse events, coding dictionaries and data tables, listings and figures as needed
- Develops, reviews and revises protocols, case report forms, training materials, project specific tools, analysis plans design, clinical trial reports and new drug applications
- Prepares materials for investigator meetings
- Actively participates in investigator meetings
- Provides medical/scientific expertise to project teams
- Responsible for medical and safety monitoring on assigned projects
- Interacts with inter-departmental and external consultants as appropriate
- Participates in feasibility discussions relating to specific project proposals
- Participates in project risk assessment activities
- Assists when needed with data safety monitoring board activities
- Provides clinical and medical expertise to other Covance departments
- Contributes to the scientific strategic leadership for a given therapeutic area and can provide the scientific strategic leadership for a sub-specialty with the TA.
- MD degree.
- Relevant sub-specialty fellowship training and history of board certification.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- 3-5 years' experience with substantial knowledge of drug development and extensive clinical research experience within the pharmaceutical/CRO industry in haematology therapeutic area.
- Equivalent academic experience can be substituted.
- For Senior Medical Director: recognized as a clinical research leader within their therapeutic area with greater than 5 years' experience of substantial knowledge of drug development and extensive clinical research experience within the pharmaceutical/CRO industry in haematology.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .