Medical Manager Nephrology Italy
At Astellas we are a progressive health partner, delivering value and outcomes where needed.
We pursue innovative science, focussing initially on the areas of greatest potential and then developing solutions where patient need is high, often in rare or under-served disease areas and in life-threatening or life-limiting diseases and conditions.
We work directly with patients, doctors and health care professionals on the front line to ensure patient and clinical needs are guiding our development activities at every stage.
Our global vision for Patient Centricity is to support the development of innovative health solutions through a deep understanding of the patient experience. At Astellas, Patient Centricity isn’t a buzzword - it’s a guiding principle for action. We believe all staff have a role to play in creating a patient-centric culture and integrating an awareness of the patient into our everyday working practices, regardless of our role, team or division.
We work closely with regulatory authorities and payers to find new ways to ensure access to new therapies. We deliver the latest insights and real-world evidence to inform the best decisions for patients and their care-givers, to ensure the medicines we develop continue to provide meaningful outcomes.
Beyond medicines, we support our stakeholder communities to drive initiatives that improve awareness, education, access and ultimately standards of care.
Amongst the main responsibilities for this role are the following:
Responsible for the implementation of the medical strategy (Core Medical Plan) in the designated therapeutic area at the affiliate level by coordinating and executing medical / scientific activities to (i) understand the local external environment and data gaps; (ii) translate insights into strategies and activities and (iii) ensure the information needs of key stakeholders are fulfilled to help ensure the safe and appropriate use of Astellas products.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Provide strategic medical and scientific expertise in support of all affiliate’s Medical Affairs deliverables and cross-functional activities.
- Demonstrate matrix leadership by developing and maintaining integrated partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure all MA affiliate activities address local needs and advance the medical/scientific understanding of Astellas products across their lifecycle.
- Understand, align, and engage with external stakeholders to advance the understanding of and science behind compounds in development, the safe and effective use of Astellas products and disease states that they treat.
- Responsible for engaging with Key External Experts in relevant TA and working closely with key internal stakeholders, including the brand teams across the affiliate to achieve business objectives for the affiliate.
- Ensures all affiliate MA activities deliver value and are based on scientific validity, clinical importance and on time & budget.
- Provide strategic scientific/medical expertise in support of all cross-functional activities (Marketing, Market Access, Business Intelligence, Sales)
- Develop, maintain, engage with key external experts (KEEs), healthcare professionals, healthcare organizations funding bodies and other entities to engage and communicate the value of Astellas products in a fair and balanced way accordance with Astellas values/code of conduct as well as applicable local regulations.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- MS Degree in master’s degree in health-related Science, higher degree/qualification (PhD) would be a plus.
- Significant experience in Pharma.
- Some years of experience in Medical Affairs preferred.
- Previous experience in new drugs launches is an advantage
- Some understanding of the drug development process as well as commercialization
- Preferable a good understanding of the dynamics of a large corporate environment; comfortable with matrix reporting lines.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry laws and regulations.
- Experience in managing complex projects independently (such as but not limited to AdBoards, Publications, Preceptorship, etc...).
- Excellent presentation skills; fully fluent in written and verbal business English.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time including overnight travel.
- Currently this position has the flexibility to work from home and in the office.
- Full time.
Joying Astellas means join a thriving and global medical affairs team that is encouraged to put external stakeholders and patients’ need at the centre.
As a Medical Manager Nephrology, you will be a reference point for scientific advise for assigned product for Medical Department and Business and for external stakeholders by fostering, cultivating and maintaining credible and unbiased medical and scientific dialogue.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.