Oncacare - Global Oncology Site Network Patient Recruitment and Centricity OfficerFull Time, Permanent Location: Brussels, Belgium Home based Able to travel at short notice - UK and EuropeIntroduction
Are you looking for an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with ICON’s leading edge Global Commercial Oncology Site Network which is growing fast?Oncacare
, in partnership with ICON Plc
, is an Oncology Site Network which concentrates on developing high performing sites by accelerating start-up timelines and focussing on high level of patient enrolment with strong attention to data and quality standards. These qualities are what our Sponsors look for in a leading Oncology Site Network and you can be part of our success story. We are growing our international footprint and you can play a part in our expansion and be involved in the future of oncology treatments across the globe.
Oncacare is passionate about transforming cancer research to advance new treatments. Our strong capabilities enable us to bring together Patients, Sites and Pharmaceutical organisations to present a unique solution to the cancer trials industry. The Oncacare global site network provides opportunities for patients and oncologists to advance the development of cancer treatments more quickly and efficiently.
We are a change agent for cancer clinical research. Quality, Patient Centricity, Delivery, Staff and Prospects
are our principal values at Oncacare. They are fundamental in shaping the way in which we work and map out our future. By working to these values, we can achieve our objectives and ensure our teams are fully engaged, patients are enrolled and trial results are consistently realised from our customers.
In this position, you will be fulfilling an integral role to support Oncacare’s growth and success by encouraging patients to participate in clinical research studies and ensuring patients are fully supported throughout their clinical trial journey.
This role will involve a very “hands on” approach, interacting with patients and sites across the trial journey. You will conduct tele- screens, review patient's basic medical information to determine eligibility, discuss research opportunities, help maintain the patient database and report recruitment outcomes. You will work closely with sites to identify recruitment and retention opportunities.
You will be a “go to” person for the patient and their family during the trial providing face to face and remote support. You will support patients in their understanding of the clinical trial and understand their needs to navigate approaches to improve their experience.
You will report to Patient Recruitment and Centricity Manager. Your work will add value to our sites and networks through increasing recruitment, retention rates and improved patient satisfaction.Main Responsibilities
- Promoting the mission of Oncacare to bring clinical research to as many lives as possible while delivering unparalleled service and exceptional value to our clinical trial partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain communication and relationships between all the relevant internal and external parities to ensure all intelligence is utilised in order to make best recruitment planning and patient experience decisions.
- Increasing the volume of patients randomising from EMR/healthcare institution partner practices, as well as third party patient referrals.
- Manage the implementation of small to medium sized local/site specific patient recruitment campaigns.
- Identify barriers to recruitment as well as solutions to those barriers.
- Particular attention will be given to assessing the effectiveness of each site's strategy used to identify potentially eligible patients. The Patient Recruitment and Centricity Officer must also understand how the trial fits into the site's pattern of treatment for the condition and how any competing clinical trials may affect the progress of recruitment.
To be successful you will need:
- You will provide a holistic approach to support the patient and family before, during and after the trial
- Ensure the logistics of the trial visits, procedures and treatments are well organised to reduce patient burden. Creating a positive culture around Oncology clinical trials for patients and communities
- Implementing services and engagement methods around patients, families and care givers to inform and engage them in cancer research.
- Deliver high quality standards and strive for excellence, meeting and exceeding annual goals in recruitment and satisfaction.
- Delivering excellent customer service to all stakeholders at all times.
Why join us?
- Fluency in Flemish, French, German and English (Reading, writing and speaking)
- Passion for improving the patient and family experience in Oncology clinical trials.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject i.e. nursing, life sciences, clinical research.
- Experience in clinical research environment, preferably oncology.
- Experience in marketing or sales position will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active, flexible and able to multi-task.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to speak multiple languages considered an asset.
- Competent computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as a Patient Recruitment and Centricity Officer at Oncacare, you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to enhance your skill set. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is international and we genuinely care about our people and their success.
We are an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
Visit us on www.oncacare.com
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link