Senior Principal Medical Writer
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Provides support, training and consultation to department and other company employees as needed
• Serves as a subject matter expert and contributes to the development of training materials and presentations on key topics where appropriate.
• Mentors and leads less experienced medical writers on complex projects, as necessary.
• Represents the Medical Writing department on clinical study teams, at conferences, meetings and for presentations to the client regarding a writing project.
• Advises clients and study teams on data presentation and production strategies and on data to ensure that client objectives/expectations are met and quality standards are maintained.
• Develops good working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
• Manages medical writing activities associated with individual studies, coordinating medical writing activities within and across departments with minimal supervision.
• Develops or supports a variety of documents that include but not limited to:
o Clinical study protocols and clinical protocol amendments;
o Clinical study reports;
o Patient narratives;
o Clinical development plans;
o IND submissions and annual reports;
o Integrated summary reports;
o NDA and (e)CTD submissions;
o Investigator brochures, as well as;
o Clinical journal manuscripts, clinical journal abstracts, and client presentations.
• Reviews statistical analysis plans and table/figure/listing specifications for appropriate content, and for grammar, format, and consistency.
• Serves as peer reviewer providing review comments to give maximum clarity of meaning, accuracy relevance and to ensure that client objectives are met and overall quality standards are maintained.
• Adheres to established regulatory standards, including but not limited to ICH-E3 guidelines, as well as company SOPs, client standards, and company and/or client approved templates when completing medical writing projects, on-time and on-budget.
• Performs on-line clinical literature searches, as applicable.
• Continues professional development to keep pace with regulatory guidance and client expectations that affect medical writing and to improve skills.
• Understands budget specifications for assigned projects, working within the budgeted hours and communicating changes to medical writing leadership.
• Completes required administrated tasks within the specified timeframes.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (less than 25%).
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor of Science degree with relevant writing experience or Bachelor of Arts degree (Social Sciences, English or Communications, preferred) with relevant scientific and/or medical knowledge and expertise. Extensive knowledge of English grammar with a familiarity with AMA style guide.
• Understanding of FDA and ICH regulations and guidelines strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated effective presentation, proofreading, and interpersonal, skills and ensure a team-oriented approach.
• Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and Internet.
• Ability to demonstrate a familiarity with principles of clinical research and to interpret and present clinical data and other complex information.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated
This job excludes CO applicants
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.