Principal Statistical ProgrammerRemote based- Europe or South Africa
Our Biotech Solutions Division is one of the largest and most established business units in the industry. We lead the way in the Biotech market: bringing lifesaving, innovative medicines to patients and creating lifelong careers for our team.
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.The Role:
The Principal Statistical Programmer will be aligned to a project leadership or technical expertise role, encompassing the following responsibilitie s
- The Principal Statistical Programmer will be aligned to a project leadership or technical expertise role, encompassing the following responsibilities:-
- Lead and execute programming deliverables on multiple projects in parallel and ensure that competing priorities are managed appropriately.
- Lead and manage the assigned programming team’s deliverables at the study and program level to ensure project objectives are met within budget, to agreed timelines and to the highest standard of quality.
- Proactively plan for and implement effective resource planning, task allocation and tracking of workload in accordance with agreed metrics (e.g. KPIs) and quality standards.
- Serve in a client-facing capacity that demonstrates an ability to anticipate client needs and implement innovative solutions, as appropriate.
- Develop and foster client relationships through effective project management and communication.
- Apply exceptional technical capabilities and knowledge of industry trends to develop broad-use technical solutions for the benefit of study teams across the department.
- Develop, implement and maintain documentation to technically train staff in the appropriate technical solution.
- Actively participate in the review and approval of programming procedures and techniques.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- Extensive experience of successfully performing the role of Statistical Programmer,
- Preferably experience from the clinical research industry.
- Prior experience of successfully leading multiple projects in parallel or exceptional technical capability, including ability to develop broad-use technical solutions for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree, in a quantitative or scientific discipline, or local equivalent.
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link