At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the Labcorp Drug Development 2022 Apprenticeship Program in Eye. As an Animal Welfare Apprentice within Labcorp Drug Development you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
As an animal welfare apprentice within Labcorp Drug Development, you will provide assistance and support with the day to day care of animals. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully tailored training program you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of animal care and animal husbandry in a range of different species.
This is an introductory role that would suit someone looking for their first step in a career within the science industry.
- Clean and disinfect animal cages, animal rooms, hallways and non-animal rooms as well as feeders, water bottles, and other supplies as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and in particular those relating to Animal Welfare, GLP and Health & Safety.
- Collect data - manually or by appropriate computer software
- Handle animals humanely and appropriately for the species
- Animal behavior and how it impacts their care and welfare
- Exercise and socialise animals relevant to the species
- Provide animals with food, water, toys, housing, etc. according to company standards.
- Work both individually and as part of a team
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken.
- Work safely in the Animal House, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems.
What you'll receive:
- You'll undertake an Apprenticeship in Animal Welfare over the course of 18 months.
- You will study for Level 2 Apprenticeship.
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Suffolk for Science roles.
- A generous benefits and holiday package.
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on ground breaking trials
A passion for science
- A willingness to learn
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A passion for animal welfare
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .