An international medical communications agency is seeking a Scientific Director to join their team in either their Cheshire or London offices with hybrid working, or fully remotely.
They provide strategic communications and consultancy to an impressive pharmaceutical client roster across both print and digital formats. They are seeking an experienced candidate to provide leadership in scientific affairs and communication, and ensure that clients’ objectives are supported effectively. You will also contribute to the organic growth of assigned accounts and mentor and develop your team to their potential. There is an opportunity to work across different therapy areas including Virology, Haematology and Respiratory.
In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect 34 days holiday, pension plan, private healthcare, and flexible working. Bespoke training will help you integrate into a nurturing and professional environment where you can flourish and develop your career.To be considered for this role, you must be UK based and fully eligible to work in the UK. You must also have significant medical communications agency writing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide leadership to the scientific and client services teams to ensure that scientific communication is carried out to the highest standards and meets with client expectations
- Make a strong contribution to client communication strategies, developing key scientific communication points, strategically focused documents and deliverables to support product positioning and brand vision
- Ensure that client communication strategies are clearly understood and actioned by the account teams
- Reviewing output to assure scientific accuracy, strategic alignment and quality
- Guide the team in developing their skills, through mentoring and reviewing their work
- Life Science Degree, preferably a higher degree
- Significant healthcare agency experience, with a background in medical writing
- Be a good team player, ensuring all team members are given opportunities to develop
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills
- Strong appreciation of clients’ needs and a resourcefulness in coming up with innovative solutions
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 20 years. Along the way we’ve built many long-term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.