Our client is a growing medical education agency who are seeking and Editorial Assistant to support their editorial team based in their Buckinghamshire offices with hybrid working.
This entry level role will involve editing and proofing content of medical education materials including: slide decks, patient and HCP materials, digital media (websites, webinars), meeting materials (agendas, invitations, delegate booklets), advisory board reports and publications (supplements/reviews) and preparing medical education materials for client compliance processes including: checking that materials are fully and accurately referenced, marking up reference materials, uploading content and references onto Zinc and managing comments within the Zinc approval process.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain your first experience in a medical communications environment and the role may develop into a medical writing position. In addition to an excellent salary you can expect 25 days holiday, pension, healthcare and bonus. To be considered for this role you must be based in the UK within commutable distance of their team’s Buckinghamshire offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for content editing, proofing, approval processes (from uploading through to final approval) and editorial quality of assigned projects
- Work to agreed project timelines – proactive communication to programme leads to advise on any changes in plan
- Regularly review and update project progress with team
- Ensure all materials are edited for clear presentation, data accuracy, accurate referencing, clarity and consistency of language
- Ensure that all materials meet Agency and Client quality standards
- Attendance at internal planning and briefing meetings
- Familiarity with agreed project specification and budget/hours allocated to editing/approval tasks
- Inform team of any areas of potential over-spend/increase in hours required for delivery
- Life Science degree and higher degree (MSc or PhD)
- Strong capability for editing and proofing medical education materials to ensure consistent format and language
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of approval processes
- Understanding of the development process for medical education materials, including industry standards for working with external speakers/authors and internal review and approval processes
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 20 years. Along the way we’ve built many long-term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.