Clinical Research Associate, South Africa - ICON Biotech Solutions
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.The Role
At ICON Biotech Solutions, our culture is centered around support, growth and development and a drive to innovate.
ICON Biotech Solutions offers our CRA’s in UK the opportunity to gain a wide range of therapeutic experience and to work within an open and transparent environment with a focus on offering a flexible and adaptable mindset and approach to make our client’s needs.
Our Biotech Solutions Clinical Delivery team is world class and we are proud to offer huge opportunities for career growth and development through our internal training programs, ongoing mentoring and employee reward and recognition schemes.Clinical Research Associates
are ultimately responsible for the successful management of investigator sites throughout the trial lifecycle. We offer a broad therapeutic disease portfolio giving you opportunities to work on studies in areas such as Paediatrics, Rare diseases and Gene Therapy.
You will be supported on your ICON journey bya dedicated functional manager and the wider Clinical Delivery team. In addition ICON has a professional flexible working approach and is able to offer home-based CRA positions throughout the UK and Ireland which are supported by state of the art information technologies to build a sense of belonging and drive clinical delivery for our clients to the highest quality.Key responsibilities include:
- Full ownership of investigator sites for assigned studies with responsibility for the successful management of the site right through to close-out.
- Planning and conducting various site visits (feasibility, site selection, interim and close-out) in accordance with the clinical monitoring plan.
- Developing effective relationships with investigator site staff to ensure that key clinical metrics are met.
- Preparing for and attending investigator meetings, coordinating the timely shipment and the subsequent proper storage and accountability of clinical supplies and following-up of drug safety issues.
- Ensuring integrity of clinical data through an ability to sufficiently maintain site tracking records and work diligently to relevant guidelines
You will be operating as a key part of a global study team and plays a fundamental role in our clients’ drug development processes.The Requirements
Here at ICON we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have:
- Prior experience of working in investigator site management, including conducting monitoring visits, from either a pharmaceutical company or a CRO environment.
- A working knowledge of ICH-GCP guidelines and local and international regulatory requirements is essential.
- You will be educated to degree level, have equivalent experience or be a licensed healthcare professional.
ICON supports diversity, inclusion and belonging and has a number of employee resource groups that employees can join which provide support, help enhance career development and contribute to personal development in the work environment.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link