At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry. Senior Consultant- Health Economic Modelling Location: UK, US (East Coast), Canada (Burlington only, home based), Poland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden (role is flexible to be home-based) Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, collaborative environment with a team committed to being an industry-leading provider?
'At ICON, our value is our people’
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Global Health Economics, Outcomes, Reimbursements and Epidemiology (GHEORE), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organization headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
ICON GHEORE iscurrently seeking to appoint a Sr. Consultant to join its Global Health Economics team. This team is highly respected in the field of health economics and health technology assessment (HTA) for quality and innovation, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. Overview of the role
- Manage all aspects of large work streams, within the disciplines of health economic modelling and/or economic analysis projects and ensure the quality of all deliverables meets client requirements
- Identify and manage training and development needs in junior team members and provide on the job training and support as required
- Establish and maintain client relationships and lead proposal development for GHEORE related projects
- Provide strategic contribution to business development processes
- Manage the development and preparation of peer-reviewed publications arising from all GHEORE projects
- Liaise with senior management across the GHEORE group to identify developmental needs in junior modellers and to provide training when possible
- Demonstrate and actively promote an open and honest working environment to encourage
- Travel (approximately 15%) domestic or international
- A Ph.D or Master’s degree or equivalent in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, such as biostatistics or epidemiology.
- Experience in designing and developing health economic models is required
- Experience in analysing individual patient level data for use in economic models
- 6-8 year experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Proven project management experience , in particular the ability to lead a team of junior analysts
- Well experienced in statistical analysis programs such as R, SAS, STATA and/or WinBUGS is highly desirable
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High self-motivation
- Leadership potential
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Are you a current ICON Employee? Please click here to apply: link