Are you interested in working with animals? Do you want to build a career working for a company that is committed to making the world a better place? Are you looking for a job that offers training and development? Then we have the role for you! If your application is successful and is made before 31st October you will be eligible for a £2000 sign on bonus!
Labcorp Drug Development are looking for Trainee Animal Technician's
to join our growing team in Eye, Suffolk
. Labcorp Drug Development are the largest employer for animal technicians in the UK and we need you!
Labcorp Drug Development has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Labcorp Drug Development helped develop.
We fully support our technicians through our comprehensivetraining and development programme which includes gaining accredited Animal Science and Technology qualifications, as well as structured career progression. As a Trainee Animal Technician, your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals
- Changing cages and associated equipment
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
There will be weekend working requirements. When rostered to work one or both days at the weekend you will receive additional payments and an equal number of days off in the following week. There will be an opportunity to work additional overtime during the week and weekends that are not part of your scheduled week. Education/Qualifications
- Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 2 or higher are desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 5 A*-C GCSE's or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science
What can Labcorp Drug Development offer you?
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals; as well as the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Previous experience working with or handling animals is beneficial
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and a contributory pension
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning
- Ability to work with a variety of different people and clients on wide ranging projects
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .