PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning global biometric Contract Research Organisation (CRO). We partner with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organisations to provide the expertise and processes to manage and deliver on time, quality biostatistics, programming, data management and data science services. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia, India, China and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialised biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK.
Accredited as an outstanding company to work for, PHASTAR is committed to employee engagement, workplace satisfaction and ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working, part-time hours, involvement in developing company-wide initiatives, structured training and development plans, and a truly supportive, fun and friendly environment.
What’s more, when you join our team, PHASTAR will plant a tree in your honour, as one of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. So, not only would you get your dream job, you’ll also be helping to save the planet!
Demand for our Functional Service Provision is growing, and we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our FSP team. All positions can be remote.
As a senior statistician working within FSP, you will be fully integrated into a sponsor’s team as a key contributor, providing that partner with hands-on technical expertise and project oversight. We have various FSP projects available, with opportunities to utilize your expertise within a specific therapeutic area, be involved with study design and protocol development, and provide high-level statistical consultancy and customer service to a dedicated client.
Our FSP positions provide the unique opportunity to work for a growing CRO that is recognised for its continuous learning and development opportunities, whilst also gaining direct experience of working within a sponsor’s team environment.
• Act as lead statistician, responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical studies across phases I-IV
• Act as a statistical consultant to the sponsor, maintaining a positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
• Work as study project lead, responsible for resources, quality control and the timely delivery of outputs
• Lead a team of statisticians and programmers to manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
• Prepare randomisation schedules and act as unblinded biostatistician on reporting teams
• Supervise work of less experienced statisticians
• Work as oversight statistician for regulatory submissions
• Ensure the team meets the highest quality standards
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• PhD or MSc in biostatistics or related discipline
• Experience working within a clinical trials environment to have a good awareness of clinical trial issues, design and implementation
• Previous experience working in rare diseases, oncology or GI is beneficial but not essential
• Knowledge of CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards
• Previous experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate with a broad range of people across different functions
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialized biometric CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques. To submit your application, please click APPLY.
*PHASTAR does not accept any CVs received from recruitment agencies. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, PHASTAR reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and consider them for current/future vacancies without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This applies to any CVs sent directly to any PHASTAR employee.