At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers. The Role:
As a Business Administrator Apprentice within Labcorp, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of Volunteer Recruitment and Study Support. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge and practical training in all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
This is an introductory role that would suit someone looking for their first step in a career within the science industry with a defined career progression pathway. Duties:
• Receive and place calls from and to potential study participants
• Enter medical history and demographic information from potential study participants into computerized database
• Communicate study information to potential participants
• Perform administrative support and related duties which are broad, varied, and often of a complex/confidential manner, such as handling telephone calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, completing expense reports, composing/typing correspondence etc.
• Assist with various meetings/minutes (e.g. Management-Staff Meetings)
• Maintain department files including, but not limited to, training files, client contract files, and project files
• Cross-trained in other departments, as needed
• Perform other related duties as assigned Education/Qualifications
Experience Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- Strong English writing and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Great attention to detail
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .