Do you have a level 3 or higher qualification (certificate, diploma or NVQ) inanimal care, animal management or animal technology ? Are you interested in using your qualifications to develop a rewarding career working with a range of laboratory animals? Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
At Labcorp Drug Development in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire
, we are looking to recruit Animal Technicians
to join our expanding team. If your application is successful and is made before 31st October you will be eligible for a £2000 sign on bonus! Job responsibilities include:
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals.
- Changing cages and associated equipment.
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures.
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility.
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies.
Labcorp Drug Development has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Labcorp helped develop. What Labcorp Drug Development can offer you:
- Three months of training and personal development to prepare you for your exams and the responsibility of holding a Home Office personal license under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
- Once you have obtained a Home Office personal license, you will continue to learn and develop, receiving training and support to progress through our career development programme.
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and a contributory pension
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning
- Ability to work with a variety of different people and clients on wide- ranging projects
There will be weekend working requirements. When rostered to work one or both days at the weekend you will receive additional payments and an equal number of days off in the following week. There will be an opportunity to work additional overtime during the week and weekends that are not part of your scheduled week. Education/Qualifications
- Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 3 or higher
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals; as well as the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Previous experience working with or handling animals within the industry
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .