Team Leader – Pathology Services
£27,000 – £35,000 p/a
Do you hold extensive experience supervising a team and want the opportunity to join a friendly, professional company that offers a range of company benefits?
We are working alongside our well-known client, who proudly hold over 40 years of experience and development within the life science industry on the search for a Team Leader to join their Pathology Team.
Your main role will include supervising staff, supporting a training programme whilst developing staff and addressing any performance issues.
- To support and deputise for the Section Manager or Supervisor within the department by overseeing a team of Technologists, ensuring that quality work is produced to meet study requirements
- To assist the Section Manager and/or Supervisor with the implementation and compliance of policies and procedures
- To introduce new members of staff to colleagues and to ensure a smooth integration into the department
- To have line management responsibility for designated technologists, ensuring 1:1’s are performed on a regular basis and that staff have development plan
- Ensuring that allocated studies are carried out to the highest possible quality standards
- To allocate and participate in study preparation and study data preparation
- To conduct study necropsy work as necessary to ensure the smooth throughput of work, and to ensure that all studies are conducted in accordance with study plans and to specified schedules
- Putting robust mechanisms in place to ensure the integrity of study data and the highest standards of animal welfare
- To carry out investigations to identify root causes of errors or incidents and produce and implement any corrective and preventative actions plans
What we are looking for:
- Strong and clear communicator
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong at building and maintaining working relationships within and across teams
- Able to provide accurate and timely advice, guidance and support
- Decisive and able to manage risks
- Innovative and looking for opportunities to improve processes and outcomes
- Able to work with minimal supervision whilst leading the team
If you are looking for the opportunity to join an extremely rewarding industry and hold experience in leading a team, apply today!