£32,000 – £37,000
Are you a Licensed Animal Technician looking for the next step in your career, or an experienced Team Leader looking to join an exciting, professional company?
Do you hold extensive experience in procedural work and animal husbandry?
Our client is a contract research organisation with over 40 years experience in the conduct of non-clinical regulatory safety testing of toxicology studies for their worldwide client base. As a Silver Investor in People Organisation, they are confident that they can offer a varied role, together with a good range of company benefits and excellent career progression.
- To lead a team of up to 6 people within a designated animal facility
- To oversee studies within the allocated area, communicating issues as appropriate to team members, study directors, the Named Veterinary Surgeon (NVS), and the Animal Facility Manager
- To ensure working standards are in full compliance with Good Laboratory Practice, The Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 and AAALAC guidelines.
- To coach, train, mentor and develop staff members to ensure that they achieve their potential
- To part in investigating causes of incidents and report findings and recommended solutions
- To drive continuous improvement within the allocated facility, including compiling business case documentation to justify change
- To promote and maintain quality within the facility
- To conduct technical procedures as required
- To assist in the sourcing of suitable consumables in conjunction with the Purchasing Department
- To act as NACWO
If this sounds like your perfect next role, apply today!