1 Year contract
Full Time or Part Time
Our client is a world leading pharmaceutical company renowned for pushing the boundaries of medical innovation are seeking an experienced Archive Assistant to provide high quality support.
We are a small team that preserves, collects and interprets our companies long history.
The archives are based at West London and an off site store in London and encompass around 250 years of our history. Over the past decade we have worked to describe the collections in full, in line with international archive standards. However, some collections remain to be processed and we continue to receive new material from the business.
Our team is hiring a heritage archive assistant for a one-year contract. The candidate will be based in West London with frequent visits to the off site store 10 minutes away. They will be overseen by Archive Manager.
The candidate will undertake a range of archive tasks, including the following:
* Processing new accessions to the collection. This involves checking newly arrived boxes for material that will fit into and enhance the
collection. Repackaging it into acid free materials and boxes and creating an entry in the collections management system.
* Acquiring new material (physical and digital) for the collection.
* Processing digitised material to add into the collections management system.
* Research into the collection to produce biographies and company histories and blog posts.
* Small scale digitisation on request through scanning of photos and documents.
* Answering queries from internal and external users, doing research in the collections where required.
Candidate skills and experience
* Preparing for, or working towards a qualification in archives and records management or equivalent
* An understanding of archival collections, gained as a researcher or having previously undertaken work experience in an archive
* Ability to lift and carry boxes
* Excellent project and time management skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Excellent IT skills in the Microsoft Office suite and photo editing
* Willingness to learn new systems and operate new and unfamiliar hardware
* Good understanding of social media
If you are interested and feel you have the right skills or wish for a confidential discussion then please apply to this role.
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.