Medical Science Manager – Lung Cancer
Business Unit: Medical Affairs
Reports to: Field Manager, Amplity Health
Location: UK (Home Based)
Territory: UK – Other countries TBC
Individual or Manager: Individual
Purpose of Role
The Medical Science Manager will pre/launch novel therapies targeting genetic and immunological drivers of cancer. You will be part of a new medical team in EU, that strives to be known for their credibility, tenacity and urgent focus to collaborate with all stakeholders and improve the lives of patients with cancer.
A professional with a strong oncology focus and background in scientific engagement, this individual will be the medical expert and point of contact within their assigned countries. An understanding of the healthcare system within your country and a treatment landscape, diagnostic testing and reimbursement and/or the ability to generate answers for provided questions related to these topics is important. This is a highly valuable member of the Medical team who represents the company externally by engaging in highly credible scientific discussions with targeted thought leaders (TLs) and collaborates with clinical trial investigators to increase trial enrolment.
Clinical Trial Support
- Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator sponsored trials Engage with external experts on the generation of scientific data, including investigator – initiated studies Collaborate with clinical organization to enhance patient enrolment in company sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in on going trials. Gather careful information from KOLs and report back to company to help develop clinical, as well as commercial strategy
- Deeply understand the unique oncology treatment paradigm, key stakeholders, and healthcare landscape in your territory Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with medical strategy
Opinion Leader Engagement
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to the company Provide medical and scientific information to respond to KOLs’ technical questions about the molecule/drug Represent client at select scientific congresses and professional society meetings Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, and healthcare provider setting in both group and one on one settings
Cross Functional Support
- Assist as needed to local tactical activities (coverage of presentations at select scientific congresses, knowledge of contracting local consultants, etc.) Assist in the reconnaissance of Market landscape determination and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information to internal stakeholders
- Operate in a highly ethical manner and comply with all laws, regulations and policies. Complete mandatory training in assigned timelines upon hire as well as when new policies, SOP’s, guidance are issued Adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Doctorate level degree or equivalent experience is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, MSN) Post graduate oncology experience is required with preference for experience working with lung cancer 3+ years of previous industry medical affairs experience required, preferably in MSL and/or headquartered based medical affairs role Knowledge of healthcare system and understanding of oncology treatment landscape, diagnostic testing and reimbursement in your country/assigned region Demonstrated expertise in building relationships and participating in credible scientific exchange with multiple audiences. Networking skills and confidence to interact with senior experts on a peer to peer level Experience with clinical trial design, conduct and evaluation Thorough knowledge of local (several countries or territory) legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interaction with health care professions Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present medical/scientific information in a clear and concise manner Ability to function well, both independently and within a team setting, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Team orientated and ability to work collaboratively towards common objectives Biotech experience is a plus Fluent in English and fluency in the language of a local country is required Able to travel internationally, up to 50-70% of time
Amplity Health is the true partner of global healthcare companies who builds transformational solutions by challenging the boundaries of commercialization strategies to improve the lives of patients.
We do this through:
- Clinical & Medical Outsourced Solutions – Building end to end external engagement solutions and capabilities across clinical and medical affairs globally Commercialization – Amplity Health has the expertise, people and infrastructure to meet a wide range of commercialization challenges Consulting – Building end to end external engagement solutions and capabilities across clinical and medical affairs globally Remote Engagement – Alternative channels across the medical and commercial continuum to engage with HCPs and patients Field Outsourced Solutions – Tailored field team programs to meet a wide range of objectives and client needs
These are our company values that we expect all candidates and potential employees to embody as these values strongly underpin our culture:
Amplity Health is an equal opportunities employer. Amplity Health believes that drawing upon the talents of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences enriches our performance. We seek to create an inclusive, fair, and respectful environment that celebrates individual differences and the unique perspectives they bring. Diversity at Amplity Health includes ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, and sexual orientation. It also encompasses recognizing the uniqueness of everyone’s characteristics, styles, and experiences. At Amplity Health, we believe our people are the foundation of our success.
Please note: If you have not received a response to your application within 4 weeks, you have not been successful on this occasion. Please register on our portal for other opportunities or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Amplity Health is an equal opportunities employer - if you require any questions about your application please contact Recruiter Mel Artivich – email@example.com