About LabCorp Drug Development:
As a leading contract research organization, LabCorp provides comprehensive drug development solutions for a range of industries. We are a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Together with our clients, we support the development of innovative, life-changing treatments. The Role:
Our largest UK site in Harrogate, is currently recruiting for a QC Analyst
to join the Bioassay team.
Within the Harrogate BioPharmCMC business unit; the Bioassay department provides dedicated release and stability testing of Large Molecule pharmaceutical products from preclinical through to the commercial phase. In addition, the department also provides method development, transfer and phase appropriate validation of analytical methods. We structure ourselves to deliver scientific expertise to our clients; collaborating closely with them to support the development of medicinal products through the drug development process and onto market.
The QC Analyst role within the Bioassay department is a laboratory scientist position. Alongside a host of other duties, you will perform analytical testing using a wide range of bioassay techniques for clinical, pre-clinical and commercial studies. Job responsibilities include:
What Labcorp Drug Development can offer you:
- Performing analytical testing on large protein molecules using Bioassay analytical techniques such as; ELISA, Cell Based Assays and Flow Cytometry.
- Reagent Preparation, Sample Preparation & Manipulation.
- Quality Control review of GMP analytical data and associated documentation.
- Involvement with the Quality Management System (QMS), such as deviations and change control.
- Lab level oversight and organisation of client projects; including organising study files and data throughout the data life cycle, performing stock checks and ordering consumables and reagents and assisting with writing and updating a variety of documents.
- Working with QC Scientists to perform a wide range of analytical techniques in accordance with GMP regulatory requirements to deliver client projects.
- Working within a team to ensure our clients' molecules pass quality control testing in the timeframe allocated.
- Working on analytical method troubleshooting and process improvement projects for the division.
- Training of laboratory analysts and other team members as required.
- Assisting with the maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- A comprehensive onboarding training plan covering laboratory, technical and regulatory training packages.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities, with the ability to develop your technical skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients' projects.
- Competitive salaries, reflective of experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including contributory pension.
Experience & Education:
- Position includes a 6-month onboarding & probationary period during which working hours are 8:45am - 5pm, based at our site in Harrogate.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Required: Scientific degree (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences etc) OR relevant scientific industry experience.
- Required: Ability to multitask and prioritise workload, with excellent attention to detail.
- Required: Exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Required: Ability to integrate well within an established and fast growing team.
- Required: Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Microsoft Project).
- Desirable: Previous analytical experience using ELISA, Cell Based assays or Flow Cytometry.
- Desirable: An understanding of health and safety policies and of GMP/GLP/GCP.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .