Our client is as international medical communications agency that prides themself on the high-quality scientific knowledge and creative solutions they provide to their clients. With offices around the world, they are looking for an Account Director to join their team in Manchester.
In this role, you will act as the primary point of contact for the clients on your allocated accounts. You will be multi-tasking a range of communications projects, where you will lead your team and offer scientific expertise to ensure that your deliverables are of the highest scientific standard. Services to clients will include scientific and strategic consultation, satellite symposia, international conferences and medical education projects in both web and multimedia formats, within different therapy areas, but including oncology and virology.
This is a fantastic opportunity, for someone with prior experience managing a team and client relationships, to join a diverse team with room for progression.
The agency offers an engaging and welcoming environment as well as benefits such as 22 days holiday per annum, life assurance, pension plan, discretionary annual bonus, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan and more.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Delivering client projects according to project brief, deadlines and budget, and to an excellent standard
- Coordinating and managing and mentoring team members to deliver projects successfully
- Arrange meetings with clients, KOLs and internal/external stakeholders to develop/maintain great working relationships
- Participate and represent the agency at meetings and events, internal or external, as required
- Identify opportunities for new business growth and prepare proposals for senior management
- Life science degree, preferably Masters or PhD
- Significant previous medcomms agency experience, in particular with managing meetings and strategic planning
- Project management and budgeting experience
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Previous mentoring or line management experience
This is a great opportunity to work on a range of meetings and medical affairs for a portfolio of products within growing accounts alongside opportunities to work on smaller projects in other therapy areas.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be UK based and fully eligible to work in the UK. They must also have significant medical communications agency experience.
For more information or to submit an application for this role, please contact Sabine Willms on 01932 797963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
If you feel that this is not quite the role for you, but are looking for something similar, please feel free to reach out as we would be happy to have a chat.