Do you want a career in Security?
Do you have good computer skills paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills?
Are you able to work as part of a team and individually?
Do you want to work for a large global organization that makes a difference to human lives?
If you answered YES, then come and join our growing Security team at Labcorp in Eye, Suffolk!
At Labcorp, we deliver answers for crucial health questions-because the more we know, the better life can be. Our more than 70,000 employees across the world reach more than 160 million patients each year. With this unmatched global scale and scientific expertise, we are driving countless innovations in areas including oncology, biomarkers and companion diagnostics, vaccines, specialty and general testing, data analytics, virtual clinical trials and commercialization services. We are innovating for millions.
As a Security Officer at Labcorp Drug Development your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the integrity and proper operating condition of all installed security systems
- Reports abnormal conditions to Supervisor
- Learn to provide professional security services and effectively lead during crisis situations
- Brief and debrief other security staff to pass along pertinent business related information
- Learn to patrol campus and buildings, monitoring for conditions or situations which pose a risk to the safety/security of people and/or property or are in violation of company policy
- Learn to report and take immediate action (per company policy or department SOP) upon observation or awareness of situations posing a risk to Covance business, property or personnel
- Document and reports all daily activities and incidents in the Security Reporting Database
- Learn to monitor PC based monitoring systems and electronic equipment at Security Station (e.g. Security Access Control System, CCTV, Environmental Management and Control systems, and the fire alarm systems
- Document and maintain study-related data relating to environmental conditions for Environmental Monitoring Systems.
- Provide prompt notification to on-call technicians or administrative personnel to resolve any problems that may arise
- Attend all required training programs and meeting.
- Learn to monitor and maintain status of Fire Alarm panel and take appropriate action in response to alarms
- Follow the Post Orders for the assigned Security Station
- Respond to emergencies in accordance with company policy (e.g., medical, chemical spills, fire evacuations)
- Enforce company policies, especially Security and Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Check personnel, contractors, service technicians, and vendors for proper authorization to facilities and for contraband
- Learn to receive after business hour deliveries of packages and mail, document, and store appropriately.
- Perform security function in accordance with company and departmental guidelines and polices
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service to co-workers as well as internal and external customers and vendors and directing them to the resource that will best meet their need
- Answer and relay incoming calls to personnel designated by the caller or by the nature of the inquiry without compromising company or employee confidentiality.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Ability to read and record information accurately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft products
- Demonstrated quality and customer service skills
- Background in security preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- Individual must be willing to work a rotating shift pattern (alternate days/nights)
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .