Who will you be working for:
We are currently working with a fantastic client who are looking for a Clinical Project Director / Project Leader or a Senior Project Manager with early phase experience in a CRO in East London.
The company have a positive and strong leadership team who are accelerating growth with a lot of financial investment being driven into business creating a great vision for the future, which will enable people to work to their strengths. The offices are very modern, and they have a fully kitted out clinical site close by. This is a hybrid role with 1 day in the office a week.
The Project Director is responsible for the overall delivery of several projects (clinical and business projects where appropriate) and is accountable for the delivery of the project or programme to timelines, within budget and to agreed quality standards. In the case of clinical projects, the Project Director manages the allocated cross functional project team from proposal and study start-up through the clinical phase to archiving of the study documentation. In addition, the Project Director is responsible for input into Project Management process development, peer review and/or QC of key departmental documents as required. For business projects the Project Director leads a cross functional project team to deliver the defined project scope set and approved by the Governance Committee.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver projects to scope (budget, timelines and quality standards) as agreed in the Clinical Trial Agreement (or internal equivalent) and clinical protocol or project scope document.
- Project team management – provide oversight of the overall management of the project, including all delegated activities, chair, document
- Client management – following award/BD or Governance handover, act as the primary contact with client or internal sponsor for a project, ensure expectations are understood and communicated to the client and project team; clarify roles and responsibilities between client and the company, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development and process improvement of the department and company through participation in departmental and cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop the Project Management strategy and plans; set milestones and project objectives and ensure that Project Team Members (PTMs) work towards the same goals. Provide instructions and guidance to enable completion of project-related responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of ICH GCP and working familiarity with UK SI regulations(for Project Director of Clinical Projects)
- Biological Science Degree or equivalent
- Business Project Management or clinical development experience within pharmaceutical and CRO/service organisations.
- Experience of leading multiple teams and programmes
A more detailed job description can be provided