Do you want to work with animals?
We are looking for an Animal Husbandry Technician to join our team in Alconbury, Huntingdon to support our Animal Technician team. If your application is successful and is made before 29th July, you will be eligible for a £2000 sign on bonus!
As an Animal Husbandry Technician, your main responsibilities will be:
- Handling animals and performing husbandry tasks as required - providing food/water, enrichment and exercise
- Handling animals during licenced procedures
- Recording data
- Operating cage washing machinery / pressure washers / washing machines and maintaining cage wash areas to the required standard.
- Portering goods as required.
- Maintaining the flow of items into and out of the facility
- Removing waste from empty cages or pens
- Undertake routine cleaning activities
- Laundering uniforms
- Preparing equipment and materials for study use.
There may be the opportunity for additional income through overtime at weekends, weekdays and public holidays.
The hours of work for this role would be 8.30-5 Monday to Friday with weekends on rotation.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
ExperienceLabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .