Freelance Medical Writer in London, ENG - Syneos Health
- Syneos Health Commercial Solutions
- London, United Kingdom
- Start date
- 19 Jan 2022
- Closing date
- 28 Jan 2022
- Medical Communications, Copywriting
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Can you reach people with just a few words?
You express all of your ideas effortlessly, and have the skills to distill other people's ideas into their best possible form. Your messaging is not only clear and concise, but your medical expertise allows you to convey high-level scientific knowledge in meaningful and comprehensible communications. Does this sound like you? A Freelance Medical Writer role working primarily on a leading gastro account is a great opportunity.
• Acts as agency expert on assigned products and in therapeutic categories.
• Demonstrates a sound knowledge of assigned products and therapeutic categories as well as pharmaceutical marketing restrictions/requirements.
• Builds a scientific story that best supports a brand strategy.
• Identifies, in a sea of information, facts that support the brand strategy and/or provide other marketing opportunities.
• Identifies important data points and weaves these into a story that is consistent with product positioning and can command physician interest and increase on-label product utilization.
• Provides guidance for development of compelling graphics, figures, and other visual elements based on original data and/or review articles. .
• Checks promotional materials for medical accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
• Consults with the client/brand managers to help them interpret clinical data.
• Demonstrates mastery of manuscript submission process, including referencing and regulatory details of assigned products. (May vary from account to account.)
• Continuously mines medical resources and data for information that might be a threat or become an opportunity for assigned products.
• Is proficient in the use of Veeva and other client referencing systems
- BA/BS in English or Science
- Superior language, grammar, and writing skills
- Professional writing experience (3-5 years) - pharma industry writing experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of writing in a regulated environment
- Familiarity with the clinical trial process
- Familiarity with navigating and understanding a clinical trial protocol
- Understanding of interpreting clinical data
- Knows how to write about clinical topics without making claims
- Print and digital writing experience
- Resourceful and able to navigate systems and conduct disease state research independently
- Understanding of communicating similar information to multiple audiences at varying levels of clinical sophistication
- Able to distill complex protocol language and data into key messages to professional audience
- Able to distill complex protocol language and data into patient-friendly materials
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable and flexible with quick turnarounds and last-minute changes
- Willing to work with ebb and flow of agency & client needs - targeting 20+ hours per week
At Syneos Health Communications , we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies - consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications - are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Find out more about working for our company
Brief Company Description;
Why Syneos Health®? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. We bring together more than 30,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life®.
Our Values speak to how we work together. How we think differently in order to find new solutions and to ensure high quality. Across our company, across our disciplines. Sharing ideas and opinions. We leverage our expertise towards the promise of medicine. To impact people worldwide and to shorten the distance from lab to life®.
Challenge the status quo
"We’ve always done it this way” doesn’t apply here. Partnering with our customers , we advance complex therapies and the channels we use to reach physicians and patients in more meaningful ways. We dig in and think differently. We see what exists and ask how we can make it better. We find new solutions, ensuring they reflect the high quality standards our customers deserve. Ultimately, patients are waiting for a therapy that could change their lives. Our hard work and new ideas deliver.
Collaborate to deliver solutions
Each day we get to call upon some of the industry’s most dynamic, thought-provoking colleagues. Together, we are committed to our customers’ success . We work across our company, and across our disciplines, sharing ideas, respecting one another’s opinions and providing constructive feedback. It’s this dynamic that makes Syneos Health different. We know that collaboration with our colleagues and with our customers unlocks creativity, innovation and new solutions.
Passionate to change lives
Each life we positively impact makes our work worthwhile. To us, a patient isn’t a number; she is a family member, he is a colleague, and they are our neighbors. We’re motivated by the promise of science to positively impact the health of our communities. We hold ourselves accountable to leverage our diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences as we partner side by side with our customers. This passion for patients fuels our vision to accelerate the impact of life changing therapies worldwide.
- Syneos Health Commercial Solutions
- 020 7632 1800
10 Bloomsbury Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert