On behalf of our client, a global clinical research organization, we are currently recruiting for Medical Information Specialists. The candidate must speak fluent English and one of the following languages – German, French, Italian or Spanish. The roles can be based in any of the following locations - Portugal (Lisbon), Spain (Madrid), Poland (Warsaw), Ireland (Dublin), Croatia (Zagreb), Slovakia (Bratislava), Bulgaria (Sofia).
This position will put you at the forefront of Patient Safety. With daily direct contact with Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and patients (the very people we are working to help), this is a highly visible and important role within company and essential to our core goal of patient safety. You will perform key medical information call centre services and process safety and product quality information to help optimize the safety profiles of products across various therapeutic areas: Respiratory; Infectious diseases, Immunology and Inflammation; HIV & Oncology.
You will benefit from joining the largest safety department in the world and working within an industry-leading, best-practice environment. To ensure you contribute to the business and grow your career, you will also benefit from ongoing training and development from our in-house safety experts to plan and progress your career.
You will use both your scientific background and your language expertise to share medical information and receive and document adverse events. You will be required to perform key medical information call center services and review, assess and process safety and product quality information to help optimize the safety profiles of products marketed around the world. You may be in regular communications with our client, patients and HCPs and for some roles, depending on levels of experience, you will be required to lead and provide oversight and could be a subject matter expert/trainer in each therapeutic area.
- Provide phone support to health care professionals and patients, involving receipt and tracking of medical inquiries, adverse events, product quality complaints, and other types of calls as required.
- Receive and document incoming telephone calls, faxes or emails from various sources including investigative sites during regular weekday business working hours.
- Establish and maintain effective team communications i.e. provide regular feedback to the local management team on project metrics, out of scope work challenges/issues and successes.
- Depending on your experience, some roles will require you to provide leadership training and mentoring for less experienced team members of staff, and assist managers with appropriate allocation of resource.
- Build a positive, collaborative team environment with other Lifecycle safety team members
- Participate in training across Lifecycle safety service offerings, participate in working groups as applicable in implementation of new initiatives, identification and implementation of process efficiencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and French language
- Excellent professional telephone behavioral skills
- Ability to work flexibly, organize own workload and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy maintaining consistently high-quality standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Willingness to learn new skills and flexibility to support business needs
- Apply knowledge and expertise, to contribute to and provide solutions to process improvement
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or healthcare discipline ideally with 1-2 years’ similar experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in Lifecycle safety (Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information, Aggregate Reporting, Risk Management etc.) is a distinct asset.
- Language capability essential in both French (native/C2) and English (C1 minimum).
For full details contact Linda at +353 1 2784701 or email your CV to email@example.com. Thornshaw Scientific is a division of the CPL Group www.thornshaw.com