ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
The Senior Accountant will responsible for the following:
- Preparation of timely and accurate consolidated monthly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP including balance sheets.
- Income & shareholders equity statements as well as cash flows.
- In preparing the financial statements, this role will perform the month-end close and consolidation processes, including the consolidation of international subsidiaries.
- The role will prepare work papers and documentary evidence, in order to support the SEC filings and SOX controls, and will work directly with Internal and External audit in order to assist in their quarterly procedures over this evidence.
The qualifications necessary for the Senior Accountant position are:
The background & experience that would suit candidates for the Senior Accountant position are:
- 3+ years experience in a Public Limited Company (PLC).
- Experience within multi-unit organizations with foreign operations would be highly beneficial.
- CPA or International Equivalent
- Strong and extensive knowledge of US GAAP
The benefits of working at ICON as a Senior Accountant are:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.