Vifor Pharma a world leading Nephrology, Iron Deficiency and Cardio-Renal pharmaceutical company are experiencing rapid growth due to pipeline realization and optimization.
We are seeking a motivated, creative and innovative (Senior) Scientist Nephrology to join our dynamic team at our research site in Schlieren, Zurich. In this role you will be responsible for driving internal and collaborative drug discovery projects in the therapeutic area of nephrology. You will be part of a diverse team committed to building a growing portfolio of nephrology assets from early discovery to clinical stages.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design, execute, interpret, and manage research and IND-enabling in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, tolerability and mechanism of action of novel therapeutics
- Coordinate in vivo model development and characterization internally as well as at service providers
- Scientific guidance of direct report developing in vitro and/or in vivo models
- Provide preclinical nephrology expertise to support in-licensing opportunities
- Prepare reports and present progress at internal meetings, international congresses, and publication in high-ranking scientific journals and keep up with relevant scientific literature
- Maintain good documentation practices
- Perform advanced and/or complex experimental troubleshooting
- Effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
About Us The Vifor Pharma Group
- PhD degree in life sciences
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results in nephrology and/or renal disease within academic or pharmaceutical industry settings
- Understanding of drug discovery, applied pharmacology, and drug development
- Experience in design and execution of well-controlled in vivo pharmacology studies to demonstrate proof-of-concept in preclinical models
- Knowledge of relevant statistical methods for data analysis
- Experience in interpretation and building of hypothesis based on human genetics and multi-omics data
- Experience with transgenic mouse models is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with the proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Innovative, entrepreneurial attitude with "hands-on" mentality and a solution-oriented work style
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in English language, German is an advantage
is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company. It aims to become the global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies. The company is the partner of choice for pharmaceuticals and innovative patient-focused solutions. Vifor Pharma Group strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases lead better, healthier lives. The company develops, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical products for precision patient care. Vifor Pharma Group holds a leading position in all its core business activities and consists of the following companies: Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma (a joint company with Fresenius Medical Care); and OM Pharma.
Vifor Pharma Group is headquartered in Switzerland, and listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX Swiss Exchange, VIFN, ISIN: CH0364749348).
For more information, please visit www.viforpharma.com/career