As a leader in next generation, data-driven pharmaceutical services, Cytel is shaping the future of clinical development. We deliver to the market high impact statistical consultancy on clinical development plans and individual trials, innovative analytical software for statistical analysis and simulation, and best-in-class data science analytics services. Our culture is inclusive, collaborative and results-driven with a shared commitment to quality. With operations across North America, Europe, and Asia, Cytel hires passionate and talented people who share its mission of ensuring the development of safe and effective health technologies.
We are hiring a Managing Consultant to join our Strategic Consulting Practice. As a seasoned Biostatistician, you will leverage and broaden Cytel’s reputation for thought leadership and innovative services by leading engagements for pharmaceutical, biotech and device clients, and building and maintaining successful long-term relationships with clients in collaboration with Cytel’s business developers and other personnel related to the account. This includes developing and demonstrating thought leadership in statistical methodology for clinical development, ensuring that Cytel remains at the leading edge, and raising Cytel brand awareness and recognition throughout the industry.
Specifically, we are looking for leaders with a strong foundation in statistics plus broad expertise and/or unique knowledge in related areas (adaptive designs, clinical development, data science, model-informed drug development), to provide strategic advice to define optimal regulatory, clinical and/or market access pathways and promote faster patient access to better health technologies.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Provides strategic advice on client projects, collaborating with an integrated team of Strategic Consultants and Analysts to define optimal regulatory, clinical and/or market access pathways. Adapts precedent and develops innovative solutions impartially selecting and combining traditional and novel approaches.
- Assumes overall responsibility for assigned Strategic Consulting accounts and projects, acting as the client’s primary point of contact for Strategic Consulting engagements, developing mutually beneficial partnerships and taking ownership for the strategic needs of the client.
- Depending on experience, creates, identifies and pursues new business opportunities both within Strategic Consulting and across Cytel Business Units by identifying emerging customer needs and formulating appropriate solutions to meet revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction objectives.
- The position requires regular travel, substantial direct contact with senior management and executives at prospects and existing clients, and the ability to build and leverage strong interpersonal business relationships both internally and externally to Cytel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D process in combination with solid business acumen and an appreciation of the broader business issues.
- Strategic thinker with a global orientation, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to execute in complex situations at the tactical level.
- Comfortable presenting and interfacing with senior executives within the clients.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies (FDA/EMA) and key opinion leaders to enhance development plans.
- Proven management skills with the ability to build, mentor and motivate a strong team of consultants and analysts.
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with an understanding of the dynamics of high-growth companies; the ability to work effectively in a challenging and sometimes rapidly changing environment.
- Minimum of a Masters (PhD desirable) in Mathematics, Biostatistics or a related field; MBA, MD or advanced degree highly desirable; at least 10-15 years of experience in the clinical trials or health research environment.
- You will have the opportunity to play an integral role helping our clients and the industry shape the future of drug development
- You will be part of an exciting new chapter in Cytel’s history with high growth and opportunities to progress to leadership positions within the company
- You will work with and leverage the best and brightest minds in the industry.